JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) Compliance plays a critical role in the successful execution of the firm’s Compliance mission. The Compliance function ensures the development and maintenance of a strong compliance culture by working closely with the business, legal, risk, and audit functions to provide expertise on regulatory compliance matters. The Compliance function also develops and maintains practices to identify, measure, manage, and control compliance risks and advises, monitors and tests the adequacy of the firm’s compliance control environment.
CCB Controls & Practices partners with Global Compliance and Global Oversight & Controls to design and implement Core compliance practices to be applied across CCB Compliance. Such practices include enhancing and implementing a consistent approach and framework for Governance & Oversight, Policies & Procedures, Training & Awareness, Regulatory Change Management, Monitoring & Testing, Risk Assessment and Reporting, Issue Management and Risk and Control Self Assessment (RCSA) activities. The team, in partnership with Chief Compliance Officers and their teams will drive the design and implementation of CCB’s compliance practices and provide oversight for effective execution.
This role provides the opportunity to participate in the development of a best in class Compliance Controls & Practices function with the responsibility for advising, guiding, and supporting CCB Compliance Teams on existing practices and standards. The primary objectives of the Function are to help ensure the execution of high quality and consistent CCB Compliance controls and practices. The role will also assist in the analysis of the quality of core practices execution and will develop and implement recommendations, guidance and training on best practices to continually enhance the effectiveness of execution and standards of such controls and practices.
· Drive improvement and execution of Consumer & Community Banking ( CCB) Compliance Governance & Oversight, Regulatory Change Management, Policies & Procedures and Risk Assessment Programs and leading edge practices that are sustainable, repeatable and drive consistency;
· Assist with new practices design, enhancement, and remediation projects, including formulating project plans and timelines, facilitating working sessions, reporting on progress, and driving execution;
· Oversee the execution of the CCB Compliance’s Risk Assessment program to ensure consistency with firm standards and policies;
· Work with the Document owners to ensure that all CCB Compliance Policies, Procedures and other documents are renewed annually on schedule and drafted in compliance with the firmwide standards;
· Assist the CCB Compliance Regulatory Change Management Coordinators in updating the regulatory developments in the new Reg Change Management tool to ensure that supporting documentation is maintained.
· Partner with Global Compliance to execute the Risk Assessments program, Policies and Procedures framework and Reg Change Management program within CCB Compliance;
· Collaborate with Global Compliance in connection with Compliance Framework enhancement efforts to design programs that apply best practices and considers changing regulatory standards;
· Keep abreast of industry and regulatory developments regarding compliance design promoting an environment with leading edge compliance risk management practices and tools;
· Build and maintain key relationships across CCB Compliance, promoting a culture of engagement and connectivity
· Minimum 7 years experience in Compliance, Risk or Audit related activities, preferably within the financial services industry or Public Accounting
· In-depth knowledge and understanding of compliance risk management practices and methodologies, including risk assessment, monitoring/surveillance, risk and control assessments, reporting, and testing activities
· Past experience developing or enhancing compliance or audit programs with the ability to lead activities end-to-end
· Proven ability to build rapport, garner respect and appropriately exercise authority in a collaborative environment
· Professional maturity and confidence in expressing a point of view with senior management
· Ability to identify and understand key risks, issues and trends and to develop meaningful reporting of this information
· Past experience building across departments and functions, and establishing a culture of engagement.
· Proven ability to positively and creatively influence change and champion critical change initiatives
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.