Level 2 Storage NAS Support Shift Member, Storage Operations
• The Level 2 Operations function is the Primary contact point for level 2 Storage service and support activities. The function provides 24 x7 coverage.
• The role has customer engagement. Both Customer teams and GTI teams engage storage operations via Incident ticket, service request tools, email, instant messaging and telephone
• NAS Shift members are responsible for monitoring and completion of all incoming incident and service request workload to the required SLAs
• Attendance on technical bridges with technology teams to drive resolution of incidents
• Environmental oversight and root cause analysis for stability and reliability issues and timely resolution or escalation
• Perform scheduled housekeeping activities
• Make on-going improvements to event monitoring in agreement with level 3 teams
• Ensure environmental testing and DR tests are completed successfully as required
• Track and report service metrics as defined
Manage Key Relationships with:
• Data Center Operations and Infrastructure Operations - IOC
• Business Aligned support functions
• LOB support teams, AD Support teams
• Level 1 / 2 / 3 support personnel
• Other GTI support organisations
• Vendor Level 1 / 2 support engineers
position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access
(HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening
which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other
enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis
thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully
completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
Hours of Shift:
7am - 6pm OR 12pm - 11pm ET
Sunday-Wednesday OR Wednesday-Saturday
*Must be willing to work one of these four shifts
• Familiar with storage products - Storage Area Networks (SAN), Enterprise Storage Arrays, Network Attached Storage (NAS)
• Intermediate knowledge of large scale Enterprise backup solutions
• Knowledgeable in Microsoft Windows, Sun Solaris, HP HPUX, IBM AIX, Linux
• Advanced business continuity/resiliency knowledge
• Articulates the business value and impact of technical and non-technical information and understands when to escalate issues
• Provides effective production support including accurate problem identification, ticket documentation and customer/vendor dialogue
• Delivers project and process documentation for small-to medium-scale projects and drives compliance with structured Project Delivery Process
• Ensures information controls, back-up and recovery strategies are in place across all environments
• Must have a strong technology background to understand change requests and to recommend alternate solutions
Specific Storage Administration Expertise:
• Advanced experience configuring, deploying, and supporting Netapp Products, EMC Products (ECS and Isilon), and Storage Tools
• Intermediate experience configuring, deploying, and supporting EMC Celerra, EMC Atmos
• 3+ years command line experience on NetApp filers
• 3+ years experience in distributed storage environments.
• 3+ years experience in an associated technology (Server, Networks)
• Advanced knowledge/experience in creating and troubleshooting snapshot, snapmirror, snapvault, aggregates/qtrees/volumes, multi-protocol access, CIFS and NFS
• Good understanding of impact and importance of storage services to customers. Sense of urgency around critical issues
• Good positive attitude and helpful approach
• Good spoken and written English
• Ability to communicate clear and concise information in support of team and firm goals
• Timely escalation of critical and/or complex issues as required
• Ability to solve operational issues with both tactical and long-term solutions
• Good problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent time management and personal task prioritization
• Good planning skills and ability to deliver to agreed schedules
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.