J.P. Morgan Asset Management
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is a leading asset manager for individuals, advisors and institutions. Our investment professionals are located around the world, providing strategies that span the full spectrum of asset classes.
As one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world, with assets under management of over $1.5 trillion, we provide global market insights and a range of investment capabilities that few other firms can match.
Throughout our long and distinguished history, we have been steadfastly committed to putting our clients' interests first. This fiduciary responsibility defines our relationship with clients and informs the basis of every decision we make on their behalf. This core principle is the foundation of our business as we work to understand our clients' needs, offer informed advice and execute strategies to generate excess returns and provide world-class client solutions.
Portfolio Analysis Group
J.P. Morgan Asset Management’s Portfolio Analysis Group (“PAG”) is responsible for performance measurement and portfolio analytics for external clients and serves as a value-added source of independent analysis and thought leadership for internal clients including portfolio managers, front office advisors, sales & marketing and senior management. Analysis types and activities include, but are not limited to, rate of return calculations, return attribution, risk analytics, competitive analysis and composite construction. This analysis is instrumental to help external clients understand drivers of return in their portfolios and help us internally measure the effectiveness of our products and strategies.
PAG consists of over 130 investment analysis professionals located in 7 countries and 11 locations. Included are a dedicated business management team, platform team and data management team which support the group. We serve different client groups through two main lines of business:
- Global Investment Management which is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors worldwide with a clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns. With nearly 400 different strategies, Global Investment Management spans the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity. PAG’s Global Investment Management presence includes the following locations: New York, Columbus, London, Mumbai, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Tokyo.
- The J.P. Morgan Private Bank, which includes both the Ultra High Net Worth and High Net Worth businesses, offers individuals and families personalized, comprehensive financial solutions that integrate sophisticated investment management, capital markets, trust and banking capabilities. PAG’s Private Bank presence includes the following locations: New York, Geneva, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Sao Paulo and Mexico City.
Description of role
PAG seeks an Associate in our NY office to focus primarily on our expanding Private Bank line of business. The primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Working on PAG’s new strategic performance reporting project
- Assisting with the writing of business requirements and preparing documentation for the various strategic projects that PAG will be working on.
- Attending daily scrum calls
- Assisting with the writing of test scripts
- Testing the stories as part of the various sprint cycles
- Participating in UAT
- Providing feedback on development to date
- Logging defects in Jira based on the UAT and Sprint testing
- Work with technology on resolving defects
- Working with the offshore project team to ensure that testing is being performed in a consistent manner
- Helping to reconcile return discrepancies between the new and old performance systems
- Working with Technology to prioritize enhancements and defect fixes
- Working on short-term, medium-term and longer-term strategic projects that are focused on improving the PAG’s service offering and data quality.
The Performance Measurement Analyst must bring a relentless focus on execution and enjoy taking ownership for the delivery of measurable results. They must also exhibit the following qualities:
- Experienced performance measurement professional with 2-4 years of experience including project experience
- Passion for investments business
- Self-starter who is analytical and creative in their thinking; ability to quickly analyze information and creatively reach solutions and to execute their implementation
- Strong quantitative skills, comfortable with formulas, performance measurement methodology and risk measures
- Understanding of the various businesses/products within the Private Bank space
- Knowledge of securities operations, trade processing, mainframe accounting systems and performance systems a plus
- Solid analytical ability to research and analyze data
- Interact and communicate effectively – written and verbal -- with all levels of staff
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with front-office and work with tight deadlines in a high pressure environment
- Ability to multi-task and strong attention to detail
- Bachelors degree from an accredited, high quality institution
- CIPM/CFA preferred