JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Risk Finance Technology –Risk and Finance Technology (RFT) builds and supports the firm's financial infrastructure to ensure Finance professionals have access to the tools and information necessary to deliver drive success. In partnership with Global Finance Operations, Corporate Systems Infrastructure (CSi), and others, we deliver solutions that meet the requirements of our key clients. RFT provides technology support for general ledger, profitability, cost allocations, treasury, accounts payable, reference data, project accounting and fixed assets, and reporting tools and the Risk applications.
As an applications developer, you will design, develop, code, test, debug and document programming applications to satisfy requirements of one or more user areas. You will typically provide 24-hour daily production and technical support to assigned systems. You will also provide comprehensive consultation to business unit and IT management and staff at the highest technical level. You will work closely with client management to identify and specify complex business requirements and processes. Additionally, you will research and evaluate alternative solutions and make recommendations.
Development Skills and Experience:
Core Java (Java 5+)
· Extensive experience with Core Java coding.
· Collections (Lists, Maps, Sets)
· Also able to code with Arrays directly
· Able to use Arrays in instead of collections, efficiently
· Thread creation and control
· Exception Handling
· Extensive Direct JDBC experience
· Strings and I/O
· Ability to read large raw data files and parse them into usable tokens for DB Loading or other processing
· String Matching and Manipulation
· Reading and Writing from/to Properties Files, XML, Plain Text Files.
· XML, JSON, and other common formats
· Familiarity with JAXB, SAX, DOM, STAX, JSON Parsing, etc.
· At least intermediate SQL Knowledge is a must (Oracle dialect is a plus).
· JMS and other Messaging concepts.
· Web Services Development:
· REST Web Services (JAX-RS)
· SOAP Web Services (JAX-WS)
· Custom HTTP Servlet web-services based implementations
· EJB 3.0 is a plus
· Unix/Linux experience (Command Line/Perl/Shell/Python)
· Maven and Build Scripts, Jenkins in a plus.
· Job Scheduling: Autosys, Control-M, etc.
· Big Plus: Big Data / NoSQL (Specifically Hadoop)
Spark is a Plus
Oozie is a plus
MongoDB or other NoSQL databases
Big Plus: Kafka Messaging
Big Plus: In-Memory Caching Technologies
Examples: Gemfire, Coherence, any other open source distributed cache
Plus: Integration with Python, C#/.NET or other non-Java Languages based Clients via Web Service and Messaging.
Plus: Workflow Engine Integration with Java
Engine Examples: AquaLogic BPM, Oracle BPM, Tibco Staffware/Iprocess
Plus: Knowledge of ETL Frameworks such as: Abinitio, Talend and Informatica.
Integration of these tools with Hadoop is a big plus.
Prior Financial Services Industry experience, especially in the Risk or Finance Technology area or Reference Data experience.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.