JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Risk and Finance Technology (RFT) builds and supports the firm's financial infrastructure to ensure Finance professionals have access to the tools and information necessary to deliver drive success. In partnership with Global Finance Operations, Corporate Systems Infrastructure (CSi), and others, we deliver solutions that meet the requirements of our key clients. RFT provides technology support for general ledger, profitability, cost allocations, treasury, accounts payable, reference data, project accounting and fixed assets, and reporting tools and the Risk applications.The Market Risk Capital technology team is responsible for calculating and reporting Basel measures required to report
Market Risk Capital which is derived from Risk Weighted Assets (RWA) of covered positions. We are in the process of
rebuilding our Market Risk platform. This is an exciting time to join the team and contribute towards future state.
We are seeking candidates with solid architecture/development ability in Java, Python and database programming
languages with computer science, engineering or information technology degree. Exposure to Big Data, Spark, Tableau
technologies is a plus.
- Work in programming languages such as Java, Python etc.
- Working in big data solutions using Hadoop, Spark and associated technologies
- Delivery - Including development, testing, deployment & support
- Design & Develop ETL workflows
- Create processes for data ingestion and processing
- Develop user tools to access large datasets
- Follow industry and JPMS standards and trends
- Analyze system bottlenecks and propose solutions to eliminate them
- Minimum 5+ years of application programming and development experience in a financial/risk management environment
including but not limited to Java, Python, Oracle (sql), and frameworks like Spring, hibernate etc.
- Preferred working experience with big data and associated technologies such as Hadoop (Common, HDFS,
MapReduce), Hive, HBase, Spark (Streaming and Spark SQL), etc
- Preferred experience with Python and associated technologies
- Experience working with Enterprise class systems
- Experience with multi tier and service oriented architecture
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Familiarity with enterprise source control management tools - GIT, SVN
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.