The Associate Mortgage Banker will enter a 3 month structured training program with the goal to obtain all the necessary registrations to perform in the Mortgage Banker role. The Associate Mortgage Banker will learn how to play a vital role in the customer banking experience at Chase! As part of JPMorgan Chase, a leading global financial services firm, Chase has over 5,100 locations where our Mortgage Bankers build relationships with customers and provide them with products and services to meet their ever-changing needs.
- Incumbents will learn about the mortgage industry and Chase mortgage sales. Incumbents will also learn how to acquire and deepen relationships with clients through comprehensive needs based promotion and marketing of mortgage products to clients both inside and outside the branch footprint. Incumbents will be taught how to develop and work with centers of influence to expand customer base.
- Incumbents will be developed to become a Mortgage Banker and a team player- In addition to learning the mortgage process and products, incumbents will also be coached by the branch employees regarding other, non mortgage products and services offered by Chase. During this development program, incumbents will work hand in hand with Personal Bankers, meeting with their customers and introducing new clients to bankers for additional products and services. Learning to work as a team will create an outstanding customer experience.
- Upon successful completion of this training program, the Associate will be transitioned into the Mortgage Banker role. You are required to obtain your NMLS registration as required by the SAFE Act. Failure to successfully complete the training program will result in placement back into a prior or similar position (if available) or termination of employment. This document is not an express or implied promise or contract for any benefit or for specific treatment in specific circumstances.
First 60 to 90 Days of Training:
- Attend training to learn Mortgage originations systems to include Loan Builder, Closer, Mortgage Express, Customer Assist, Real EC, etc.
- Learn sales and negotiation skills, develop communication skills, and overcoming objections.
- Develop understanding of mortgage essentials, to include products, pricing, policy details, and the overall lifecycle of the mortgage loan process.
- Develop business briefing documents used by Regional Manager to update senior leadership in Mortgage Banking and Retail Bank.
Remainder of Training:
- Shadow a Mortgage Banker and LM in assigned market. During this shadow time, learn how to build rapport with the customers, build a loan pipeline, effectively manage pipeline and customer experience, maximize working relationship with the bank branch employees and how to build strong relationships with local realtors.
- Call Chase provided mortgage leads to set appointments for a Mortgage Banker, as well as setting appointments face to face via branch walk ins/drive ups. Additionally, meets customers with the Personal Banker, other MBs and over the phone.
- Assisting with the MB pipeline- conducting outbound calls to follow up on documents, conduct status calls, schedule meetings w/ the MB as needed, etc.
- College degree preferred
- 1-2 years sales experience preferred
- Ability to demonstrate sales and negotiation skills
- Demonstrates ability to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to work well independently and with others in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Ability to synthesize information and reach logical conclusions
- Sound judgment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Marketing, promoting, relationship building and consulting skills required
- Intermediate PC skills in a Windows environment required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to builds and maintain good relationships with customers; and exhibits consultative skills