Product Manager / Hedge Funds Services / Transformation
Alternative Investment Management Services (AIS) is an industry-leading provider of hedge fund, private equity fund and hybrid fund accounting, investor relations and middle office solutions designed to meet the complex, global servicing needs of alternative investment fund managers. AIS is a trusted, stable partner—backed by a premier bank—and offers the most complete product suite in the market, including integrated cash management, derivatives, FX, liquidity, prime brokerage risk, and security lending solutions, designed to help optimize efficiency, enhance revenues and mitigate risk associated with global investing. AIS delivers an extensive solution for Hedge Fund and Funds clients seeking independent administration and custody services or to outsource their day-to-day operations.
This is a key role within JPMorgan’s Global Fund Services (GFS) business, with responsibility for operating model and workflow analysis, (re)design and approach, related cost analysis and end to end oversight of transformation changes deployed across Hedge Fund Services (HFS).
Reporting to the global head of Alternatives Transformation, the right candidate will join a group with ambitious plans, with this role offering excellent opportunities for further career development.
The ideal candidate is an energetic strategic thinker, with deep knowledge of hedge and fund of hedge fund administration and/or middle office operations and technologies. They should also be resourceful and execution-driven. Strong cross-functional/business collaboration skills are required as they will work across multiple teams within the bank. Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and verbal communication skills are a must. Also important are the ability to: synthesize large amounts of information into crisp recommendations; present and defend recommendations to a variety of audiences; manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive them to completion effectively
The position is at VP level and is based in Bangalore.
Based upon the broad nature of this role and significant interaction with senior AIS staff, the business is seeking a motivated, self-starter with a proven ability to deliver, an ability to build strong business relationships, effectively interact with senior management & partner with others to meet internal / external imposed deadlines and drive timely resolution of issues.
• 5+ years of securities industry experience required, in Alternatives, and Fund Services experience preferred
• Project management and / or operational experience required
• Experience using Geneva accounting application is highly beneficial
• Strong prioritization skills and an ability to deliver under pressure
• Proven experience with enhancing existing processes / procedures
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong presentation skills
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, PPT and Access
• Accounting experience is preferable
• Must be self starter, exhibit leadership skills, and initiative
Skills and Experience
· Execution-oriented self-starter who likes to take initiative, and is able to get things done
· Fluent English. Additional languages are an advantage.
· In depth understanding of Fund Accounting, in offshore or onshore location, either from experience in senior Product or Operations roles
· Relevant industry qualifications an advantage
· Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to interact at all levels (both internal and client)
· Strong financial, analytical and strategic skill set
· Strong MS Office skills (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
· Strong organizational and planning skills, with the ability to manage many tasks at once in a structured manner
· Strong project management and strategic planning skills
· Substantial experience working in the hedge fund, fund of hedge fund, hedge fund administration and/or outsourcing space
· Travel within UK/Europe required
· Contribute to the Transformation strategy with analysis, input and insight.
· Ensure the consistency and best practice of both the product model and delivery, in terms of documentation, end to end excellence, and process
· Review the operating model supporting the HFS product to determine how best to support new initiatives/business, working closely with Operations and Technology assess cost effective and STP service offering
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.