Corporate - Global Technology Engineering & Architecture (GTE&A) – Application Developer – Assoc - B
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small-business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.
SEAL is supporting technology product standard management, application inventory management and application portfolio analysis in many forms in an effort to evaluate innovative ideas and opportunities to reduce cost or to evaluate the impact of changes in technology strategy. To support these efforts an integrated platform is used comprised of third party and in-house applications. Critical to SEAL is its ability to import data from a set of authoritative sources and to distribute information for which it is the authoritative source to consuming systems.
The SEAL application developer will have a proven track record in developing applications in an Agile environment with at least 5 years experience in Enterprise Java and web technologies. They will participate in all aspects of the software lifecycle for new critical functionality and enhancements of the platform.
- Core development of SEAL’s vendor product and in-house applications
- Work closely with the Business Analysis team to review and understand the business requirements and design specifications
- Interact extensively with various members of the team to understand the application functionality and scope
- Participate in SEAL’s architecture design decisions
- Be involved in all Scrum time boxed activities and ceremonies
- Assist in keeping up to date SEAL’s technical documentation
- Provide 3rd line support to the platform
- Participate in the release management coordination rota
- Suggest development process improvements. Devise options for achieving targets when progress is not as intended
- Innovate! Bring forward ideas, best practices, cutting edge technologies that will help maximize the business value of SEAL
The ideal candidate will have a extensive experience in the technology sector, with:
- J2EE experience (SDK 7 and above)
- Gang of four and J2EE design patterns
- Experience on spring and hibernate framework
- Web development with jQuery – knowledge of Angular JS/backbone/nodejs would be an advantage
- SQL development - They will be expected to write complex queries, procedure, functions, dynamic sql that are scalable
- Have worked in Agile development environments for at least 2 years
- Experience in working with Build management tools – Ant or Maven
- Experience on continuous integration tools like Jenkins, bug tracking tool jira, and code repository svn (Knowledge of Git would be an advantage)
- Experience on Test Driven development. Knowledge of BDD would be an advantage
- Ability to attain results, convey a sense of urgency and drive issues to closure, persists despite obstacles and opposition, sets high standards of performance and pursues challenging goals
- Strong interpersonal skills; promoting healthy relationships and team dynamics
- Customer or end-user focused and has ability to manage expectations
- Good knowledge of industry best development practices
- Experience on Restful webServices
- Experience on Reverse proxy server like Apache would be advantage
All internal moves will normally take place on the same grade and same salary. Salaries are reviewed annually in February. Exceptions to the rule regarding transfer on current salary may include a move between geographic locations.