JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Within J.P. Morgan, the North American Equities Trading Technology team provides trading and analytics solutions to equities and equities derivatives businesses.
As a J.P. Morgan employee, you’ll be part of a company that makes a real difference every day for our customers, our communities and ourselves. With a focus on customer service, you’ll put others first, do what’s right and create solutions that make lives better. We invite you to build your career on our strong foundation and help shape what’s next – for you and for us.
As a Lead Server Side Java Developer, you will join a highly agile, delivery oriented team that focuses on building trading applications for equities and equities derivatives. The person selected for this role will have an exceptional opportunity to learn about trading business. This role will also be attractive to the people who would like to apply the best software development life cycle practices (SDLC), such as continuous integration, automated testing and deployment. This role will be responsible for the development of Cash Equities Front Office Systems both Server Side and complex UI modules.
- Design and Develop a high performance Front Office System in Server Side Java
- Work directly with the business and/or other technology teams to articulate new technology requirements and solve business problems
- Develop specific enhancements and/or build new applications to fulfill business objectives related to new business requirements
- Work closely with other technology teams to ensure the changes are made if those changes are required in other systems
- Ensure technology solutions meet requirements, are robust and supportable
- Where requested, define the development plan and milestones and ensure delivery in line with plan
- Perform unit and integration testing to ensure the quality of delivered solutions
- Document release procedures and Support notes for your products
- Provide support for any issues encountered by business users in daily usage of your application
- Pro-actively identify areas for improvement or enhancements
- BS degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering or related field is required
- Minimum of 10+ years of strong application development experience with Core Server Side Java
- Minimum of 1+ year experience in a lead capacity, monitoring and mentoring other java developers
- Minimum of 4+ years experience with Multi-threading, Profiling, and Optimization
- Minimum of 2+ years current experience in development of high performance , fault tolerant and robust real time systems
- Experience with RMI / CORBA
- Object Oriented Design and Analysis skills are required
- An understanding of high-level system and business architecture
- Experience using JDBC / ODBC to connect to a database.
- Familiarity with modern messaging technologies such as Tibco RV, JMS, or TCP/IP
- Experience of handling FIX Messages for an Order Management System a big plus.
- Experience in one or more of the following business areas: Equity Derivatives, Other Derivatives products
- Experience with other Object Oriented programming languages like C# or C++
- Experience developing an Order Management System experience is an added advantage
- Master’s degree in CS/EE
- Experience of working with an In Memory Database will be an added plus
- Commitment and drive.
- Strong analytical mind and approach to problem solving
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V