JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of over $1.1 trillion and operations in more than 50 countries. The firm is a leader in Investment Banking, Financial Services for consumers and businesses, financial transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity. Under the JPMorgan and Chase brands, the firm serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is a leading asset manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
Clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns
More than 650 investment professionals providing over 200 different strategies spanning the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity Leadership positions in America, U.K., Continental Europe, Asia, and Japan
As an Application Developer for GWM Trading initiatives, you will provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs by contributing towards the below:
· Participate in technical design, provide input to the design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design; and provide input to information/data flow.
· Participate in project/agile planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed solution.
· Document the detailed application story specifications, translate technical requirements into programmed application solution, develop/Enhance software application, involve with issue resolution, and involve with cyber security remediation. perform
· You will also adhere to IT Control Policies throughout design, development and testing and incorporate Corporate Architectural Standards into application design specifications.
· Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues; review and provide feedback to the final user documentation.
Profile: University degree (B.S. Computer Science preferred); 6-8 years experience with Java / J2EE development working on large and medium scale software projects. Experience in the Financial Services industry is added advantage.
· Strong Object Oriented programming, core Java knowledge, & J2EE experience;
· Excellent in Core Java/J2EE (multithreading, backend java processing)
· Experience with spring framework (Spring Core/JDBC etc.);
· Experience with WebServices, particularly RESTful services;
· Self-motivated and previous financial industry experience;
· Openness with supporting application through production as necessary
· Knowledge of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) & Agile methodologies
· Knowledge of relational database and experience with SQL and Stored Procedures (Sybase Preferred)
Additional Preferred Skills:
· Exposure to Agile development process.
· Experience with Rational Application Developer/Eclipse IDE
· Working knowledge of Java SDK 1.6+, Websphere Application Server 7, Tomcat
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent analytical, problem solving, & decision making skills.
· Good interpersonal skills, having positive approach and team player.
· Coordinate with global counterparts for development activities.
· Challenge and suggest requirements, enhancements to the platform
· Good prioritization and time management in a fast paced environment.
· Proven application delivery track record.
· Ability to provide solutions to a tight deadline and customer focus mind-set.
· Exposure to NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Cassandra)
· Exposure with FIX protocol is a huge plus
· Exposure to domain knowledge in equity, fixed income, Derivatives, general Financial Products, and Trade Life Cycle would be an added advantage.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.