JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
The JP Morgan Chase Audit Department provides the Board of Directors, senior management and regulators with independent assurance that internal controls are operating effectively. The JP Morgan Chase Audit Department is accountable to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, the Office of the Chairman, senior management and our global and local regulators. Audit works closely with the Lines of Business (LOBs) and their support functions to achieve its mission through a comprehensive audit program. The department is respected throughout the firm for the caliber of the staff and their ability to add value beyond the audit opinion. The Global Audit Department has in excess of 900 auditors. The Asset Management (AM) Risk Audit Team is primarily responsible for assessing the adequacy of AM’s risk management framework and processes relating to credit, market, investment, fiduciary, operational, and model risks impacting AM businesses including Global Wealth Management, Global Investment Management and Highbridge. This is achieved through a comprehensive program of audit coverage that is executed by a team of integrated business and technology audit specialists.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in Asset Management with over $2 trillion in assets under supervision, including over $1.4 trillion in actively managed portfolios, and annual revenue of approximately $10 billion. AM serves institutional, high net worth and retail clients in every major market throughout the world through the following client businesses: J.P. Morgan Asset Management, Highbridge Capital Management, and Global Wealth Management which includes the Private Bank and J.P. Morgan Securities. AM offers global investment management in equities, fixed income, real estate, hedge funds, private equity and liquidity, including money market instruments and bank deposits. AM also provides trust and estate, banking and brokerage services to high-net-worth clients, and retirement services for corporations and individuals.
This Audit Manager is based in New York within the Risk Management Audit Team. The role will be primarily responsible for audit coverage of the AM Risk Management function. The applicant must be an experienced professional who possesses good auditing skills and knowledge of asset management services, products and various financial instruments and associated risks. The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Participate in audit activities including risk assessments, audit testing, control evaluation, work paper documentation and follow up and verification of issue closure.
- Ongoing continuous monitoring activities that include maintaining professional and constructive relationships with senior business executives.
- Finalize audit findings and use judgment to provide an overall opinion on the control environment
- Partner with colleagues, regulators, clients and control community members to develop, evaluate, test and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of control environment.
- Build and maintain key relationships with stakeholders, establishing a culture of engagement while adding value
- Stay up to date with evolving regulatory, industry and market events impacting the firm's risk organization.
- Partner with other groups within Audit (Investment Bank, Commercial Bank, Consumer Bank,
Technology, etc.) to ensure the delivery of a seamless program of audit coverage across JPMorgan Chase
- Establish a business climate and culture that encourages integrity, respect, excellence and innovation