Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.3 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries We serve more than 50 million consumers and small businesses through more than 5,600 bank branches, 18,700 ATMs, credit cards, mortgage offices and online and mobile banking as well as through relationships with auto dealerships.
Within Chase, Chase Paymentech is a leading provider of merchant services, offering proprietary platforms that enable integrated solutions for all payment types, including credit, debit, prepaid stored value and electronic check processing as well as digital, alternative and mobile payment options.
As a Chase employee, you’ll be part of a company that makes a real difference every day for our customers, our communities and ourselves. With a focus on customer service, you’ll put others first, do what’s right and create solutions that make lives better. We invite you to build your career on our strong foundation and help shape what’s next – for you and for us.
The Applications Developer Lead will create and maintain source code that translates business requirements into custom business solutions. Plans, builds, tests and implements source code and solutions. Assists with problem analysis, reports findings, and recommends solutions. Teams with Operations to deploy software solutions for use by internal and external customers.
- Partners and influences Application Developers peers
- Assists team with sprint planning.
- Work within established SDLC
- Collaborates with the Systems Architect
- Partner with Business Analysts, Project and Product Managers to meet business requirements
- Understand/apply reusable code design to leverage application architecture and framework capabilities
- Design and develop solutions that are highly reliable, scalable, and perform to meet business-defined service levels
- Ensure timely delivery across System Development Lifecycle
- Identify and implement improvements to Development processes to improve quality, reduce costs, and shorten delivery timelines
- Partner with the Development Management in the analysis and estimation of future work impacting our team.
- Coordinates with Architects and Admins on the design and architecture for our team's deliverables.
- Interface with Business users as necessary for defining requirements and streamlining design.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to less experienced team members.
- Evaluate performance on a quarterly basis.
- Actively contribute as a sprint team member to sprint deliverables.
- Build technology solutions using Agile methodologies to satisfy complex business needs.
- Ensure that all solutions are aligned to architectural standards and security policies.
The points below have been carefully considered as being essential for the role. Your background must accurately reflect all of these, with or without a reasonable accommodation, for your application to be considered.
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Computer Science or a related business field
- Minimum of 7+ years of software development experience including, but not limited to, mature design, coding, testing and debugging skills
- Minimum 5+ years of web development experience with C# and ASP.Net
- Minimum 4+ years of experience writing PL/SQL or SQL scripts. Must be able to write stored procedures, triggers, functions, and tables.
- Experience in the financial industry
- Prior experience working in agile methodology
- ETL tools, Informatica , Crystal Reports or other reporting tools a plus
- Experience developing for a componentized portal architecture
- Basic understanding of HTTP and Networking
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Skilled in problem solving and analytical reasoning
- An eagerness to learn about the payment processing industry
- Experience developing in one or more of the following:
1. Experience with WCF and WWF
2. Experience with XML and XML Schemas
3. Experience with Visual Studio
4. Experience authoring with HTML
5. ExtJS and ExtJS Designer
6. AjaxControlToolkit for .Net and ControlExtenders
7. Java development experience a plus
9. Implementing RESTful services
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.