As a Senior MS SQL database administrator, you will work in a global team environment to support Database projects for Core Infrastructure Services in Global Technology Infrastructure LOB. The candidate should have very good expertise in implementation of MS SQL databases in clusters, audit Security & access controls implementations and database build automation techniques. You will be responsible for Infrastructure design document reviews prior to project initiation, Cluster installations, upgrades, Database migrations, database monitoring, database performance tuning, database backup/recovery, replications setup, troubleshoot database issues, disaster recovery testing, implement audit security access controls and production readiness checks.
· Minimum of 6 to 8 years of experience with managing MSQ SQL Databases
· Perform all tasks related to Sybase and MS SQL Server database systems builds and administration
· Must be familiar with SQL Server 2005 through SQL Server 2008
· Should have good experience with backup and recovery of MS SQL Server databases
· Must be aware of various HA solutions on SQL Server including but not limited to Microsoft Cluster and VERITAS cluster systems
· Requires good communication skills to work closely with Project Managers, System administrators, Solution Architects, Application development team and other GTI Teams to complete the Database projects.
· Good Microsoft operating systems experience is needed along with T-SQL
· Participation in drawing up new standards (where appropriate) to ensure that best practices are applied
· Implement audit Security and access controls
· Should Work independently and Good team player
· Participation in the planning and implementation of disaster recovery exercises
· Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel
· Experience with SCOM monitoring tool and troubleshooting
· Familiar with SQL Server replication technologies
· Experience with Power Shell, VBScript scripting
· Sybase experience is desired
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.