Corporate Technology & Risk (CTR) delivers streamlined and consistent solutions supporting JPMorgan Chase’s Controls, Compliance, Legal, HR and IT Risk agendas, with a focus on stability, delivery, efficiencies and people. The goal of CTR’s drive to standardization, consistency and simplicity is a JPMorgan Chase architecture that fosters long-term productivity, quality and innovation across the entire enterprise. The disciplines within this organization are Compliance Technology, Oversight & Controls Technology, Legal & e-Discovery, Identity & Access Management, IT Risk & Controls, HR, Real Estate & Global Services Technology, and Third Party Risk Management.
The Application Support Analyst will report to an Application Operations manager. The group is in TOC (Technology, Operations, and Controls) and provides centralized AD Operations support for the HRT Line of Business. This role is a direct to the Application operations manager and will be required to assist in key operational projects, the development of operational strategy and execution, and directly support critical / chronic issues for the most critical applications in the portfolio. This role will also be expected to provide technical leadership and guidance to support analysts on the L2 Prod Support Team and partner tightly with the Operations Managers reporting to the Operations Leader.
Application Support & Monitoring:
Monitor infrastructure, servers, middleware, databases, and batch jobs.
Aggressively respond to service requests from business partners facing support teams, Operations, Risk/control partners, etc.
Troubleshoot environment, data control and operational issues
Create and Maintain documentation to ensure knowledge accessibility
Automate and streamline process using scripts and scheduling tools
Liaise with other application support teams and internal/external business and technical partners
Provide ad hoc and on-demand reports
Perform timely escalation of critical issues and proactively identify patterns of recurring issues to improve production
Lead problem resolution and conduct root cause analysis and establish processes that will help incident prevention.
Participates in the Incident and Problem Management processes as a resolver accountable for root cause analysis,resolution and reporting.
Ensures that all production changes are processed according to Change Management policies and procedures.
Ensures that appropriate levels of Quality Assurance have been met for all new and existing products
Support Sustained Resiliency, Disaster Recovery, and High Availability events.
Help Level2 operation team with setting up monitoring and bridging the gaps in current monitoring setup.
Play key part in setting up reporting and be a key component in “Monitor -> Report -> Improve” principle
Coordinate incident management coverage, to ensure appropriate coverage
Call facilitation, coordination and communications during critical outage situations
Call documentation, queue management, ticket analysis and interface to impacting lines of business for incident impact analysis via the Production Assurance process
End to end view of issues for objectivity
Influence senior technology leads across organizations to ensure timely resolution of incidents
Participate and ensure RCA (root cause analysis) activities on client impacting incidents are executed and action items are assigned/completed.
Provide expertise and support during critical incidents, interfacing with all impacted groups to better manage the message.
Chronic issue coordination and leadership.
Guidance to all staff involved and vendors in driving a coordinated approach for results.
Hygiene and Capacity Maintenance
Responsible for data quality of PLM
Work aggressively to make sure all servers are up to company standards as per uptimes, patch level etc.
Work on Capacity planning for applications, estimating and analyzing growth rates of vital infrastructure components and adding capacity pro actively as and when required.
Know Your Application
Understand application code, work flow and business usage of application.
Understand DB component of application.
Understand the impacts of application based on seasonality of critical applications
Document known errors and play important role in Knowledge transfer to Level 1 team
Reduce escalations to Level 3 based on incremental learning about applications
· Minimum 6 years of relevant Information Technology experience.
· Should be able to provide 24/7 on-call support.
· Proven experience in incident/problem management.
· Strong Oracle skills (SQL/PL-SQL) and Unix skills.
· Experience in HR processes, having worked on more than two projects in the HR process domain in a technical capacity in any of the following modules is preferred – Core HR, Compensation, Payroll, Benefits, Absence Management, Talent Management, Time and Labor.
· One or more of the following skills is required – Ability to code, write technical specs, perform code reviews, understanding strategies, write interfaces, perform data conversions, understanding HR application interfaces with other modules / third party applications.
· Experience in Financial Services, Knowledge of one or more vendor products.
· Solid technical skills (knowledge of client server technology, networking basics, database technology etc.).
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to lead/manage large conference calls.
· Comfortable providing clear problem descriptions and guidance to business users in a time critical environment.
· Ability to be proactive with a strong bias for action, naturally inquisitive, and bias for continuous improvement of practices / process.
· Excellent influence, negotiation and presentation skills.
· Experience in working with cross line of business teams, Outside Service Providers and Partner Organizations.
· Solid understanding of the major functionality bundled into a release, both from a technology and business point of view.
· Strong knowledge of relevant applications and development life cycles. · Experience working with geographically distributed and culturally diverse work-groups.
· Ability to work independently as a self-starter, and within a team environment. Comfortable in a fast dynamic environment with an ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. The ability to work on-call nights/weekends as needed.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.