JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Risk and Finance Technology (RFT) builds and supports the firm's financial infrastructure to ensure Finance professionals have access to the tools and information necessary to deliver drive success. In partnership with Global Finance Operations, Corporate Systems Infrastructure (CSi), and others, we deliver solutions that meet the requirements of our key clients. RFT provides technology support for general ledger, profitability, cost allocations, treasury, accounts payable, reference data, project accounting and fixed assets, and reporting tools and the Risk applications.
Calc system is a part of Gauss platform. Gauss is the firm's Counterparty Credit Risk calculator for our entire OTC derivatives portfolio. Gauss is a full revaluation, Monte Carlo simulation engine and it computes the credit exposure if the counterparty defaults. Gauss uses latest cutting edge technology such as Python, high performance grid computing and performs over 3 trillion MTM calculations in its daily calculation run.
As an application development manager, you will hands-on manage design, development, testing, and documentation functionality to satisfy requirements of one or more user areas. You will need to provide comprehensive consultation to business unit and IT management and staff at the highest technical level.
- Work closely with business analysts, quantitative research team, and business users to interpret the requirements and evaluate alternative solutions
- Create technical design recommendations for developing and integrating programs per written specifications
- Perform unit testing and system integration testing of the newly developed functionality
- Examine applications to ensure adherence to Application Engineering guidelines, processes, and procedures
- Implement and test modifications to existing application modules in accordance with application support and industry standard
- Evaluate service level issues and suggested enhancements escalated by Service Delivery Team to diagnose and address underlying system problems and inefficiencies
- College degree in related technical or business area, specialized training and/or equivalent work experience
- Solid application design, development, and testing work experience
- Ability to translate business requirements into functional technology requirements
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Strong teamwork skills and ability to work independently
- 1+ years of overall software development management experience.
- Solid experience in Java; Python experience preferred.
- 1+ years of experience with Oracle, SQL
- Knowledge of version and revision control practices and procedures
- Credit Risk/Product (Derivatives, F&O, Securities) business knowledge is a plus