JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of > $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner. The objective of GTI is to balance both business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services. GTI is designed to address the unique infrastructure needs of specific lines of business and the demand to leverage economies of scale across the firm.
The Enterprise Compute Services (ECS) organization within GTI plays a critical role in providing and supporting global enterprise systems that host business applications at the core of JPMorgan Chase’s business. These applications support the full range of businesses at the firm including wholesale, high volume consumer, and high net worth clients.
As a Senior Application Developer, you will design, develop, code, test, debug and document Managed File Transfer applications to satisfy requirements of one or more user areas. You will also provide comprehensive technical expertise to business unit and IT management and staff at the highest technical level. You will work closely with client management to identify and specify complex business requirements and processes. Additionally, you will research and evaluate alternative solutions and make recommendations.
- Work closely with business and service delivery team to ensure appropriate business measures are defined
- Create technical design recommendations for developing and integrating programs per written specifications
- Examine applications to ensure adherence to Application Engineering guidelines, processes and procedures
- Utilize multiple programming languages and software technologies to ensure applications are suitably fit for use and admissible for maintenance/upgrades
- Test, modify, and implement application codes; make standard modifications to existing software applications and modules in accordance with high-level specifications, application support and industry standards
- Evaluate service level issues and suggested enhancements escalated by Service Delivery Team to diagnose and address underlying system problems and inefficiencies
- Engage third party suppliers on applications support issues
• 7+ years’ experience as Senior System Analyst/Developer with J2EE and Java technologies, Spring, Servlet, Web Services, XML, XSLT & SOA.
• Development experience with BPM tools preferred
• Server back end and API/Service development (such as REST, SOAP) experience is required.
• Minimum 3 year experience with Java Script or related frameworks.
• Good understanding or network protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP etc.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills, proactive and go-getter
• Good grasp of industry best practices in enterprise-class software development, agile methodology and change management processes.
• Design and code from specifications, analyzes, evaluates, tests, debugs, documents, and implements complex software apps
• Experience with relational database such as Oracle is required.