The Fixed Income Syndicate Trade Support team focuses on the processing of New Issue flow originated by the EMEA Debt Capital Markets and Syndicate teams. Daily the team will work closely with Traders, Bankers, Lawyers and Market Participants to manage the creation, announcement and settlement of New Issue activity. This is a fast paced and results driven business for which the performance of it’s support staff must match.
The team are also responsible for the support of the Private Bank, Fixed Income Options and affirmation of the Credit, Rates & Financing businesses based in London.. The team – along with the wider Trade Support group - will communicate with partners locally, regionally & globally and work through a variety of mediums with the goal of maximising the settlement efficiency and delivery to our counterparties. The role is an excellent opportunity to get exposure to trading & product control activities and develop a strong operational skills set.
The role will be primarily to work on and look at the T0 trade affirmation process with the goal of analyzing, determining and implementing solutions to achieve this with greatest efficiency. There will be a good degree of project work alongside the expected BAU.
- Trade Affirmation/Confirmation of all unmatched trades for a variety of trading desks across Credit and Rates and Syndicate businesses.
- Questioning, automation and simplification of existing processes.
- Exception monitoring and resolution, both on the day and root cause.
- Frequent interaction with supported and supporting groups globally (Front Office, Settlements, Technology, CSD’s, IPA’s).
- Prompt investigation and resolution of trade queries and trading reports.
- Some system migration work may also be required.
- Excellent communication – Much of the role requires dialogue with trading desks, operations and 3rd parties on a local and regional level.
- Aptitude – Ability to quickly gain understanding of processes and purposes.
- Time management – There are numerous deadlines and processes across the day and the candidate must be able to deal with issues and escalations in a fast paced environment.
- Financial Numeracy – Competency to learn and apply financial concepts in order to resolve issues.
- Team Work - The ability to work effectively as part of a team working to deliver against core business objectives such as improving settlement efficiency of Trade support.
- Ability to work well under pressure is essential as there are significant operational losses associated with non completion of daily processes.
- Intermediate/Advanced excel – Comfortable with creating/maintaining macros and performing analysis on large datasets.
- Autonomy – Must be able to see processes or projects through to completion.
- Fixed Income experience from a post trade environment extremely beneficial.
- Good industry and operational knowledge of European Securities Markets.
- Possible requirement to work UK Bank Holidays.
- Occasional weekend working to support business migrations and contingency testing.
Competitive salary on offer
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL INTERNAL MOVES WILL NORMALLY TAKE PLACE ON THE SAME GRADE AND SAME SALARY. SALARIES ARE REVIEWED ANUALLY IN FEBRUARY. EXCEPTIONS TO THE RULE REGARDING TRANSFER ON CURRENT SALARY MAY INCLUDE A MOVE BETWEEN GEOGRAPHIC LOCATIONS.