Global Network Services (GNS) supports one of the world's largest enterprise networks - voice & data - spanning over 50 countries with over 1 million data network ports, 25,000+ network devices, 600+ PBX systems, 800+ voice mail systems, and 65+ call center sites with over 26,000 seats. Innovation is a key priority with an expanding portfolio of over 75,000+ VoIP end-points, 50+ high definition video conferencing systems, and the ongoing expansion of service-provider-class ultra long haul networks, global WAN networks and regional MPLS networks. GNS delivers value added products and services to meet business demand for the following disciplines: Global Data & Global Voice Networks, Desktop Support, and Consumables (i.e., Blackberry's, Cell Phones, and Pagers).
This position will focus on working with senior members in the global network space to engineer and support life cycle solutions, with an emphasis on automation and scripting. Person must possess a high-level of technical expertise, strong organizational skills, and be able to learn and define technical processes and procedures. Candidate should be experienced in large enterprise or service provider network architecture, analysis and engineering design and be considered expert in at least one networking technology. Ideal candidate will have broad IT knowledge (desktop, routers, firewalls, Internet appliances, and tier 3 web applications) with focused attention on scripting capabilities. A detailed understanding that includes: TCP/IP, routing protocols, Ethernet Switching, Cisco IOS/CatOS, QoS, and Multicast. Additional qualifications: IP Services (DNS, Web Proxy, Socks, NAT), DNS Firewall (PIX, Checkpoint), geographic and/or local server load balancing, network management applications, UNIX OS applications, scripting in Bourne shell, Perl and Python.
Responsibilities to include:
- Analyze and evaluate business and technical requirements to identify products or solutions that are most appropriate to meet customer's needs
- Review vendor hardware and software end-of-life (EoL) milestones
- Review hardware and software recommendations and plan replacements for EoL
- Conduct technology assessments
- Managing rollout of technology replacement(s)
- Propose automation opportunities for network implementation and lifecycle operations
- Provide high level and detailed consulting as network subject matter expert
- Deliver design proposals and help plan network activities
- Develop, review, communicate, and revise network standards
- Evaluate, test and recommend network hardware and software based upon standards
- Perform large scale network planning; plans, designs and implements infrastructure projects, technical processes and procedures as they relate to network engineering
- Provide feedback and strategic recommendations to management.
- Affect change within sphere of influence and leads development of innovative improvements
- Perform Tier 4 support
- Perform RCA/PIPP/PASD (Root Cause Analysis) on network problems
- Bachelor degree in a Computer Science, Telecommunications, or equivalent highly desirable and/or preferred highly desirable and/or preferred
- CCIE/CCDP Certification or equivalent highly desirable and/or preferred
- Minimum 7 years of extensive technical and network design experience with in a large enterprise environment
- Proficient Python, PERL, Shell Scripting and macro’s
- Experience in Deploying and Operating Linux, UNIX at the SA level with a strong bias towards automated deployment and operations experiences
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Experience in analysis of business system requirements in a multi-platform distributed environment
- Documentation and presentation skills
- Experience in managing and leading infrastructure and network projects
- Written and verbal communication, listening, and strong presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively and add value as a team member
This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.