The Advanced Product Support Analyst is responsible for providing second level support to the Merchant Customer Service Help Desk, by providing a superior level of service and technical support. The incumbent is required to resolve complex problems and provide consultation services to Merchants relative to highly technical solutions to meet the customer's needs. Negotiating implementation schedules for either individual or multi-site installations with internal departments and/or 3rd parties, and conducting on-going follow-up to ensure committed targets are met. This individual will also interact with other internal departments such as M.I.T, Relationship Management, Sales, Product, and L&D. The Advanced Product Support Analyst reports to the Team Manager of the Technical Support department.
1. Provides e-commerce support to customers among a variety of product categories, resolving escalated issues according to prescribed standards and procedures. Identifies issues that require further escalation and tracks them through to resolution
2. Reviews e-commerce applications to ensure compliance with website security requirement, Visa AIS/CISP programs, and credit policy. Communicates with Sales and escalates to Credit Department if required.
3. Provides product training to customers after account has been setup and follows up with customers to ensure overall satisfactions. Provides single point of contact when customers require assistance.
4. Analyzes customers' e-commerce requirements and recommends best course of action that meets customer's needs. Interacts with third-party e-commerce providers and the customers' technical personnel to complete set up.
5. Coordinates Verified-by-Visa program with Visa Canada to ensure eligible merchants are loaded on the VBV directory server and proper procedures are followed to maintain data integrity. Communicates VBV loaded merchants to technology partners.
6. Monitors e-commerce queue and answers incoming calls as necessary. Monitors email account for incoming product questions and answers them according to prescribed standards. Prioritizes and solves issues through to completion.
7. Creates, tests, approves and provides knowledge base content to appropriate support groups. Approves informational alerts distributed to all levels of Help Desk support.
8. Distributes informational alerts to affected merchants in cases of service disruption.
9. Provides full 24x7 support for beta merchants testing new products. Requires on-call work and remote access to support systems and tools.
10. Offers exception handling of high-profile issues/customers. Resolves complex and/or time- consuming problems outside of the normal escalation process.
11. Provides e-commerce assistance and e-commerce product information to various internal groups, including sales and relationship managers.
12. Identifies trends with respect to potential product/system problems and communicates with technology partners and Sales Support to update products and take preventative measures.