JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Senior Developer / Business Analyst with experience analyzing and documenting large scale Financial Systems. BA will focus on the development of Risk Management Reports and Margin Calculators. Enhancements are required to fully support central clearing of derivative deals including work to enhance external client margin statements and enhancements to risk based margin calculation methodologies. The BA will closely work with Risk and Operations business areas and Subject Matter Experts to gather, analyze, document and communicate requirements as well as maintain project plans and track project status.
• Creation of requirements, implementation and delivery of solutions
• Analysis & problem-solving
• Understand and document the requirements of the respective business areas and their products.
• Perform data analysis.
• Responsible for acquiring stakeholder consensus for all documented business requirements.
• Work with the different development teams to assist in documenting the system designs.
• Act as a liaison between Business Users/SMEs and developers to ensure proper documentation of the business application requirements and technical specifications in order to produce comprehensive functional requirements.
• Participate in reviews of design/architecture artifacts to ensure that the outcome is consistent with business needs.
• Work within the change control process to document and update changing system requirements.
• Participate in the planning and execution of QA/UAT testing of applications.
• Good SQL Skills, ability to understand and create complex queries
• Strong Development skills - either Java or Oracle ideally
• Ideally a numerate / computer science degree
• Experience writing software for a professional team
• A test driven approach
• Experience with SCM tools
• Hands-on experience supporting Financial Services systems, particularly Margin or Risk Management application. Knowledge of futures and derivatives is a plus.
• Understanding of complex mathematical expressions and ability to express them in the terms understandable by application developers.
• Experienced in collecting, organizing and tracking requirements (requirements management)
• Excellent analytical skills, especially pertaining to data analysis.
• Must have excellent oral and written skills being able to communicate effectively on both a technical and business level.
• Must have 3-5 years experience of gathering requirements and working with technical staff to develop system designs.
• Understanding of Object Oriented Design/Analysis concepts.
• Strong understanding of the SDLC, experience with Agile methodologies a plus.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.