Legal Entity Risk Reporting (LERR) manages the interface and relationship with local regulators around risk matters. This requires an understanding and interpretation of the local regulatory risk requirements and providing a consistent response to each of the individual regulators with whom we interact. Legal Entity Risk Reporting (LERR) is responsible for risk oversight and control of the legal entities, which involves the establishment of a cross line of business framework for the measurement and control of risks at the legal entity level.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The candidate will be based in Lima and will report to the Legal Entity Risk Reporting Manager in Colombia, having also a dotted reporting line to the Corporate Legal Entity Risk Manager (LERM). Responsibilities include building a framework to meet local regulatory risk requirements, risk reporting (mainly market and credit risks) and interaction with local regulators. The position also requires interactions with Businesses, Market Risk, Credit Risk, Finance, Audit and Operations.
Responsibilities, skills, specific duties and essential function:
• Responsible for managing the interface and relationship with Peruvian regulators (SBS, Banco de la Reserva, etc) around Risk matters
• Accountable for all regulatory risk reports that are submitted to Senior Management, Risk Committees and regulators.
• Provide advisory on potential impacts of risk taking positions and new business initiatives. Engage on the regulatory risks analysis of new initiatives. Analyze legal entity implications of the new initiatives.
• Responsible for the definition of policies to set out the governance approach for Risk. Ensure consistency in policies, practices and procedures around setting, monitoring and reporting of limits related to regulatory risks across locations.
• Accountable for the development and execution of the strategy for regulatory risk reporting tools and applications. Analyze and explain differences between regulatory and corporate methodologies to measure exposures.
· 3-5 years of experience in a similar role;
· Broad understanding and experience with risk management methodologies, particularly the use of Market and Credit risk Metrics: VaR, Greeks, DRE, SRE, CVA, impairment, etc.
· Thorough understanding of local regulatory requirements;
· Proficiency in Spanish and English;
· Strong verbal and written communication;
· Strong attention to detail and superior organizational skills;
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.