JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
A qualified Company Secretary based in Mumbai, you will report to the CAO/COO for Asset Management and provide corporate secretarial services and support to J.P. Morgan's Asset Management businesses in India.
• Support the provision of corporate secretarial and all ancillary services to JP Morgan's Asset Management entities incorporated or operating in India
• Organize board and/ or committee meetings and minutes taking as well as written approval of the Board and / or shareholder(s) where required
• Maintain corporate records and internal databases
• Ensure compliance with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements of and for the entities under administration (e.g. statutory and regulatory application / filing in relation to corporate changes)
• Co-ordinate with counterparts in other Asian locations on requests relating to corporate governance / secretarial matters
Relevant experience of 1-5 years.
• Sound knowledge of corporate / company laws in India
• Practical knowledge of corporate governance and regulatory framework governing financial services businesses
• Must be a self-starter and with ability to work independently
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and within tight deadlines
• Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
• Good teamwork, strong initiative and great independence
• Degree holder with professional qualification such as a Legal qualification
• Excellent written communication skills in English is imperative