About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across Banking, Markets and Investor Services. The world’s most important Corporations, Governments and Institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The Global Regulatory Risk and Control (GRR&C) team is responsible for ensuring that JP Morgan have a best in class Regulatory Reporting infrastructure including a robust controls and governance model.
As a member of the strategic projects stream, you will be working on a multi-year program of work to build out the Technology infrastructure to revolutionize our current Regulatory Reporting Core Capabilities and as such will be at the forefront on Technical and Business innovation.
As a Business Analyst, your key responsibilities will be,
Detailed business analysis/requirements definition and handover to Tech using the Agile Scrum methodology
Analyse existing Regulatory Reporting processes, challenge operating models and propose strategic solutions, ensuring alignment to our guiding principles of building next generation reporting platform
Present business case, problem statement to senior management and drive the resolution
Direct, daily interaction with Business SME’s and Technology teams, to manage the information flow and delivery of key project milestones
Contribution to the definition and execution of the project delivery model to ensure efficient delivery across the global program teams in an Agile development environment
Ownership of user stories in the Product Backlog, contributing to design and solution discussions and helping to ensure priorities are set appropriately
Functional management of technology Feature Teams, allocating workload and validating output (including the defining and testing requirements)
To be successful in this role your skill set include:
- An ability to define complex regulatory requirements at data attribute, reporting logic and core capability requirements level
- Ability to approach complex problems in a structured way, driving through solutions across multiple lines of business and technology teams
- Be able to build strong working relationships in a time-pressured environment
- Come from a business analysis background; be able to demonstrate deep product knowledge in at least one asset class and broad knowledge of products across Corporate and Investment Bank.
- Be comfortable working with ambiguity and using your negotiating and influencing skills to drive delivery across a variety of teams and at all management levels
- Have a background in project work, demonstrating how you operate effectively to overcome issues and deliver to deadlines
- Have core business analysis skills developed through previous experience in this field of work
- Have an excellent appreciation of Regulatory Reporting and be comfortable in critiquing design and control requirements
Fluent written and oral communication skills, strong and confident communicator
Exposure to following area will be an added advantage:
- Exposure to Regulatory Reporting automation
- Understanding of Agile Software Development methodology
Work Experience: 5 – 6 years of experience as a Business Analyst in Banking Industry