About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The Technology-Software investment banking team counts among its clients a wide variety of software providers across the globe and at every stage of the public and private lifecycle. These clients include large-cap technology providers, rapidly growing pre-IPO SaaS companies and leading buyout funds and their portfolio companies. Our business spans the full range of private and public equity and equity-linked offerings, investment grade and leveraged debt capital markets, and M&A advisory.
The Technology-Software team is seeking an experienced investment banking professional for an Associate/VP position to cover Software clients. This position will be based in Boston. The successful candidate will play a vital and accountable leadership role in all aspects of the transaction process and formation/pursuit of strategic business ideas.
The Associate/VP will serve as the primary project leader and supervisor of Associates/Analysts on project teams. This individual is recognized by clients as a key member of the team and will take the lead on the marketing and execution of mandates and will have direct responsibility and interaction with both senior bankers internally as well as clients. S/he will leverage and coordinate J.P. Morgan’s resources on behalf of the client. In this capacity, one must understand industry fundamentals, anticipate client needs, and leverage J.P. Morgan’s and the team’s resources to anticipate new business opportunities. The balance between leveraging internal technical/product expertise and external relationship building is the essence of the position.
• Participate in substantial day-to-day client contact and client servicing.
• Begin to build long-term external relationships and manage accounts. This should include conducting new business presentations and developing new ideas for business at a relevant client level.
• Work independently, producing high quality work by totally leveraging and accessing the Firm.
• Continue to round out product and technical training for Associates.
• Understudy Executive Director and Managing Director on certain accounts or transactions, depending on the size and complexity of the client or transaction.
• Demonstrate skills that will produce revenues for the Firm while gaining a broad understanding of how the Firm can derive revenues from each particular situation.
• Begin to develop a set of defined projects for new business development.
Demonstrated ability to develop and communicate deep sector and domain expertise and content.
Very strong financial modeling/valuation and analytical skills.
This individual must be dedicated to the Firm’s goals and he/she will have uncompromising personal integrity.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.