The KYC Operations team is part of the Chief Administrative Office (CAO) within the Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB) division of JPMorgan. KYC Operations has a global footprint with hubs in Asia Pacific, The Americas and EMEA. The team is currently focused on a 3-year renewal plan initially targeting Foreign Correspondent Banks, and then moving on to other client types.
An integral part of this team is the Case Lead organisation, which consists of two components: Case Leads and Case Lead Support. Case Leads are the senior personnel responsible for end-to-end quality in each client’s KYC record. Case Lead Supports are KYC specialists, who assist the Case Leads with subject matter expertise, research skills, and quality control checks.
- Streams are the base structural unit of the Case Lead Support team, each with 8-12 team members, headed by a line manager, or Stream Lead.
- The Stream Lead is the first point of contact for stream members in connection with their personal development and performance management, as well as their day-to-day administrative matters.
- Stream Leads manage their teams through multifaceted stakeholder feedback rather than delegation, therefore maintaining communication flow within the wider team is an essential task.
- The Stream Lead’s responsibilities are also workflow/productivity-centred, and require an additional, different, though complementary, set of skills.
To achieve success in line with the above, the Stream Lead is;
- a strong communicator, driving the team to translate management directives into actions,
- a consensus builder and issue-solver,
- an accessible, inspirational leader who is enthusiastic about developing direct reports, maximising their potential, and maintaining their high levels of performance,
- a reliable point of contact for training and educational opportunities available within the firm and elsewhere,
- a coach and mentor to team members,
- fully conversant with personnel policies regarding leave, sickness, and other aspects of day-to-day people management skills essential for supporting team productivity
- a KYC subject matter expert, fully familiar with current regulatory and sanctions directives, and the Firm’s KYC policies and procedures,
- a motivator who can forge and maintain a strong team spirit in the face of rapidly-changing demands,
- able to evaluate multiple workstreams and demands, and allocate personnel resources accordingly,
- able to analyze team metrics, identify roadblocks, and react dynamically, presenting viable solutions,
- Significant responsible experience in a financial environment,
- Extensive experience of direct involvement in AML, KYC, Client Onboarding, fraud, or other white-collar crime
- Credible track record of team management/supervisory experience
- Ability to evaluate multiple tasks, to prioritise and delegate them accordingly, and to escalate when necessary
- Strategic thinking to conceive robust and meaningful initiatives based on management vision and occasional, minimal guidance.
- Drive to take ownership of initiatives and follow-through to completion
- Foreign language skills
- Regional knowledge
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.