Corporate & Investment Bank - J.P. Morgan is a premier corporate and investment bank with a full suite of global financial services and capabilities. The world’s most important corporations, governments, financial institutions, pensions, sovereign wealth organizations, states and municipalities entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We offer strategic advice, lend money, raise capital, help manage risk, extend liquidity, buy and sell securities and provide many other banking services in markets around the world.
J.P. Morgan EMEA Securities Processing is a business line within the CIB and provides a complete suite of investment operations outsourcing services for institutional asset managers. Our services encompass all asset management activities post-trade execution, allowing asset managers to focus on their core competencies of managing assets and client relationships.
The Custody Settlements provides full operational support to our clients with all the post settlements processing, monitoring and reporting needs by ensuring all aspects of the trade lifecycle are managed end to end efficiently, within market timeframes and accurately in a controlled environment to minimize risk.
We are numerous opportunities at professional and associate level within the following teams:
Custody Settlements Team
Custody Settlements is a team within Securities Processing Operations that deals with various pre & post-settlement activities. Settlement related activities performed by the team include certain depot realignments, processing certain incoming and outgoing MT599 messages, managing FX exceptions for a market, posting of settlement difference amounts within the standard settlement tolerance, trade maintenance & completion and processing Crest reject queues.
The purpose of this role is to provide end-to-end operational support for all aspects of trading including pre-trade activities like ensuring adequate funding’s, processing pre-advises and managing the post settlement incidental activities related to trades like processing of withholding tax, stamp duty, tax refunds, etc.
- To review and monitor Mailbox queries ensuring any issues are escalated.
- Depot realignment based on agent bank confirmation
- Processing incoming and outgoing MT599s
- Processing FX exception messages received from an agent bank for a market
- Posting of settlement difference amounts
- Processing Crest reject queues
- Trade maintenance and completion for exceptional settlement confirmations received from the agent bank
- To provide timely information to stakeholders and clients on pending issues / concerns with possible impacts.
- To investigate and resolve queries and issues internally and with 3rd parties in a professional manner.
- To identify errors or issues and to escalate so as to improve automated processing.
- To coach and train others so as to build skills.
- To review work to ensure done to standards of accuracy.
- To help in the continuous improvement of processes.
- To support other teams as required.
Team members should have/demonstrate the following qualification/skills and attributes:
- Commerce graduates with good academic record.
- Good PC skills including Microsoft office products (Excel, Word, Power point, Access)
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure & deadline driven environment
- Able to grasp/learn concepts and procedures quickly
- Ability to work independently
- Problem solving skills
- Good time management skills
- Must be very detailed oriented and analytical
- Analytical with ability to quickly assess situations and resolve complex issues