Macro E-trading: Electronification of trading Macro products (Currencies, Interest Rates, and Commodities) has undergone a radical expansion over the past few years. The percentage of electronically traded flow volume is witnessing an exponential growth year on year. Optimizing hardware and software to analyze past market data to predict the future trends and take trading decisions based on that heuristic analysis is clearly seen as the future of trading. JP Morgan, due to its deep and wide penetration in financial markets, has the unique advantage of offering the best cross product e-trading solutions to its client base. Macro e-trading is in the forefront in this space.
FX Services: FX Services Technology team which provides FX Pricing, Execution and MIS technology to support Passive (non-trading) FX activity associated with the FX Services franchise business, processing significant volumes for Cross-border Payments and Custody related activity across all Lines of Business. This technology leverages all aspects of electronic trading platform for currency conversion and risk management.
About the team:
Macro e-trading Technology supports the business goals of the Currencies, Rates, and Commodities units for their e-trading technology delivery, having direct application development responsibility for key business systems and an overall end-to-end remit for systems implementation. The group is divided into small, highly motivated, agile teams. Software deliveries are typically frequent and the team members are expected to be multi-disciplined and flexible in their approach, working in all areas of the solution space. While not embracing any particular agile development methodology the group uses many development practices that would be recognised as agile.
A primary focus for the team is the design, development and support of a state of the art market making and hedging systems to enable the expansion of automated trading strategies.
We are constantly looking for world-class technologists at all levels to join our team building solutions for high-volume cross-asset-class e-Commerce. Candidates must be highly motivated and passionate with a deep desire to succeed in the financial environment. The ideal candidates will have a clear understanding of Object Oriented Concepts with basic programming background in one of the languages -- C++, Java, or Python.
The candidates would help build new or expand on an existing functionality for the bank’s e-commerce system; working on various front-office critical aspects of electronic trading such as dynamic Pricing, Trade Execution, Low latency Order Management, Data Analytics or Hedging. The system must efficiently handle real-time data and be carefully tuned for performance. Candidates would be responsible for the development of new features and will be accountable for the overall life cycle of their deliveries including analysis and design, development, deployment, optimization, documentation. The working environment is competitive and demanding but one where creativity and problem solving skills are rewarded. Please only apply for this role if you are interested in building a career in financial markets and learn the innovative e-commerce strategies. Fantastic opportunities exist both in our Mumbai and Bangalore offices.
As a developer within the team the successful candidate will:
· Proven track record of successfully leading a team delivering technology solutions (IB environment is a plus)
· Excellent communication skills to work with senior product managers based globally in APAC, EMEA and WHEM regions.
· Analyse and document requirements for the solutions they deliver.
· Design, develop, test and deliver software solutions in the Currencies Technology group for use by both internal and external customers.
· Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
· Design, maintain and optimise code base for development, testing, and production usage.
· Collaborate with developers in troubleshooting issues.
· Provide critical technical support to the production systems when required and liaising with Application Support in resolving day-to-day issues.
· Work within small teams of committed developers to deliver optimised technology solutions.
· Be a voice of knowledge and experience in their areas of expertise.
· Contribute to the architecture of the Currencies Technology offering.
· working experience in Core Java development
· Experience of code control and automated build tools.
· Familiarity with translating business/functional requirements into technical requirements and documenting the same.
· Excellent problem solving and communication skills
· Experience in working with development of complex large scale systems required.
· Provide technical support to application development teams.
Good to have
· Experience in managing high volume of data for MIS/Analytics.
· Experience in working for banking/IB domain projects and interacting with business users.
· SCJP (or equivalent) certified Java professional.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.