Global Fund Services (GFS) Technology department sits within the Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB) Production Management (PM) Technology group providing (amongst other services) application support to Investment Operations Services (IOS) and the Fund Accounting (FA) business areas.
Application Support Analysts within CIB PM GFS Technology will be required to provide user support of production applications and ensure a high availability to internal and external users/clients by responding to application related issues or requests.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Work as part of an established team supporting IOS and FA business areas.
· Responsible for taking ownership of and resolving issues, ensuring full service and project delivery at all times.
· Allow Support Manager to interface with the different business areas and clients whilst handling production issues in a smooth and controlled fashion.
· Responsible for guidance and development of other Support Analysts, ensuring full knowledge transfer on all issues and problems.
· Work closely with Application Development teams to ensure swift and accurate production fixes/enhancements are applied as required.
· Shift Work: Be required to provide coverage for business hours 08:00 to 20:00 UK time, as well as providing additional support at month-end and at weekends.
· On-Call support (including overnight support): Be a member of the On-Call support rota responsible for overnight problem escalation and resolution.
· Reporting: Take an active part in the preparation of reports on Production stability and provide input/complete incident reports. Carry out and received handovers from other daily production support analysts as they start or leave their shift.
· Root Cause Analysis: Generate Root Cause Analysis reports for incidents, in conjunction with the CIB Global Incident Managers, Application Development Teams and Global Technology Infrastructure as well as ensuring that any corrective actions are defined and implemented.
· Escalation: Follow the documented escalation procedures to raise awareness of Production issues. Suggest potential improvements to these procedures based on experience.
· Monitoring: Perform daily checks of Production processes to insure that service deliveries occur in a controlled and timely fashion.
Good experience of HiPortfolio
Good experience of UNIX / Autosys / Shell Scripts
Good experience of Sybase/SQL/Oracle/.Net
Ability to investigate and resolve issues.
Ability to respond quickly to reported issues and prioritise.
Ability to work to tight deadlines.
Ability to work on own initiative.
Ability to absorb information and rapidly familiarise with workings of new systems.
Prior experience in a Support role within a medium to large company
Ability to work well with others.
Proven track record of delivering within client SLAs.
Experience of managing and resolving issues through to completion.
Reporting and high quality communication skills.
Fund Management Business knowledge with an understanding of processes and dependencies Knowledge of scheduling & batch processing software e.g. Autosys Knowledge of Message Queue software Knowledge of Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) software. Knowledge of monitoring software e.g. GENEOS Additional Information:
Fund Management Business knowledge with an understanding of processes and dependencies
Knowledge of scheduling & batch processing software e.g. Autosys
Knowledge of Message Queue software
Knowledge of Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) software.
Knowledge of monitoring software e.g. GENEOS
Shift work is required alternate early and late shifts to cover operating hours of 08:00 to 20:00. Overnight Support is expected to cover 8.00pm until 08:00am - with the possibility of public holiday and weekend work.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL INTERNAL MOVES WILL NORMALLY TAKE PLACE ON THE SAME GRADE AND SAME SALARY. SALARIES ARE REVIEWED ANNUALLY IN FEBRUARY. EXCEPTIONS TO THE RULE REGARDING TRANSFER ON CURRENT SALARY MAY INCLUDE A MOVE BETWEEN GEOGRAPHIC LOCATIONS.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.