About the company
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About the role
This position, will report to the Global Credit Spread Production Management lead and be based in the London office at Canary Wharf. The candidate will work closely with the domestic team to maintain robust support services and be responsible for assigned critical applications. The candidate will have responsibility for the execution of Level 1/Level 2-like application support functions for several key products and systems. In this role, the candidate will work closely with our business partners and technology teams.
As a member of the Production Management team, you will be responsible for providing coverage performing troubleshooting / triage of incidents, working trouble tickets, completing escalation management, providing L1 monitoring support at the infrastructure, application & middleware layers, and resolving and reporting of incidents for our production environments. In addition, you will execute systems administrative tasks, help to create and maintain production support documentation and assist on projects when directed. In this position, you will be responsible for quickly evaluating information, engaging and assisting technology and business staff, and communicating issues to help remediate and resolve production problems efficiently and effectively. You will be required to run large scale incident calls real-time, directing our Production Management, Application Development, Infrastructure and Database Administrator colleagues where required, to effect a quick resolution / remediation of production incidents that may occur. Post incident, you will be expected to be able to run and direct post-mortem calls and work with relevant teams to perform Root Cause Analysis on the incident, and recommend and agree an action plan to avoid reoccurrence.
This is NOT a desktop support role.
Required skills and experience:
- Application development background (i.e. experience and proficiency in languages such as Java, SQL, Unix shell scripting etc.)
- Proficiency in writing Python and Perl scripts
- Proficiency in understanding UNIX and Wintel-based applications and infrastructure
- Proficiency in various scheduling tools; Autosys, Control-M, Cron
- Experience working in a variety of application designs (e.g., web-based and thick-client distributed client server environment, vendor products)
- Experience working in a relational database environment (e.g. Oracle, Sybase)
- Experience of automation tools e.g. QTP
- Proven experience designing and implementing proactive systems monitoring and health checks
- Experience in designing and configuring ITRS Geneos for application and infrastructure monitoring
- Excellent prioritisation, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Incident management skills and experience
- Ability to influence and lead technical conversations with varied IT groups
- Experience of the Credit business from a front-office and middle-office perspective
- Experience and understanding of Credit instruments and terminology e.g. CDS, Corporate and Government Bonds, Index Curves, Index Rolls
- Experience and understanding of batch cycles and other middle / back-office functions
- Experience and understanding of general networking concepts including firewall rules, DNS, Multicast etc.
Desired skills and experience:
All internal moves will normally take place on the same grade and same salary. Salaries are reviewed annually in February. Exceptions to the rule regarding transfer on current salary may include a move between geographic locations.