Position : Project Manager
Job Responsibilities / Role:
• Project manage the delivery of trading application across derivatives asset classes
• Managing timelines, milestones, risks arising during the project phase
• Providing the SME expertise to lead the team across the Derivatives Domain & the stack of applications used. Actively work with Technology to get the build done.
• Take care of requirements gathering, analyzing them, getting that signed off etc.
• End to End Test management involving creation of Test strategy, Test plan & test cases, automation scripting, defect & Gap analysis, leakage analysis etc.
• Management of business user’s expectations.
• Provide sign-off that changes can be promoted to production
• Resolve escalated Risks, Assumptions and Issues management
• Generate overall test completion report summarizing test progress, execution and results
• Adhere to bank’s internal processes (configuration management, change control, access to data & systems etc)
• Actively seek and apply Process Improvements across the project.
• Delivery management through vendors and internal entities like data centers, development teams.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Formal training in Project Management, a plus.
• Experience in FX, Derivatives, finance, banking domain, a plus.
Total and Relevant Experience:
• 8+ years experience total exp (2+ years in managing a project / implementation team.)
Technical Skills Required( Not mandatory):
• Hands-on experience with Microsoft office suite and the windows desktop.
• Familiar with major relational database management systems Oracle, Sybase and SQLServer.
• Knowledge on python scripting & Hydra databases is a plus.
• Familiar with major technology operating systems like Unix and Windows.
Non Technical Skills Required:
• Good communications skills, written and verbal.
• Strong delivery focus backed with good management, communication, leadership, interpersonal and influencing skills. Ability to work in matrix environment
• Experienced in managing stake holders across business units and functions, organizations and geographies
• Proven ability to deliver under pressure and demanding deadlines
• Ability to translate ambiguously defined objectives into concrete actions and deliverables and manage their execution. Ability to look beyond stated objectives.