Global Server Operations (GSO) is a global team comprised of Distributed Server Services, Global Storage Technologies, product management, and middleware & messaging. GSO is responsible for managing the firm's global storage portfolio and global GTI Server portfolio across plan, build and operate. The organization drives product management, engineering standards and productivity initiatives for server across the firm, as well as managing selected application services, including web hosting, middleware, source code management and database management.
In the role of AIX System Administrator, you will be responsible to provide 24x7 supports in an IBM AIX, HACMP & VIO environment. Environment consist of backup application; VERITAS NetBackup and TSM, DNS and DHCP servers, Keon, Instrumentation, SAN/Storage servers.
- Individual must work closely with different LOBs to bring resolution to all issues and perform proactive duties such as patch management and software upgrades.
- Must be able to work independently as well as with a group. Perform duties following all JPMC standards regarding, engagement, change management and escalations.
- Required to escalate to vendors and provide root cause analysis and incident reports.
- Provide timely resolution to break/fix issues.
- Should possess good product and domain knowledge
- Capable of planning and executing critical tasks independently
- ITIL frame work methodology
- Process and service improvement
- Strong trouble shooting skills
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher required
- Minimum of 5 years experience of working with AIX / VIO Servers in a production environment.
- Advanced knowledge & working experience of IBM AIX 5.x , 6.x & 7x
- Advanced knowledge & working experience of IBM VIO 1.x and 2.x
- Advanced knowledge & working experience of IBM Power HA 5.x and 6.x
- Advanced scripting abilities a must in at least the following languages: Shell, Perl
- Knowledge of Power 4,5,6,7 server hardware platforms a must
- Understanding of backup process, system monitoring, performance tuning disaster recovery and scripting for AIX / VIO.
- Understanding of security best practices for multi-tiered operating systems
- Multi-tasking & ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop strong client relationships
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Tivoli / Net-SNMP.
- Ability to work under pressure
Additional knowledge/ Related Industry certifications preferred:
- IBM Certified Advanced Technical expert
- IBM Certified Systems Expert (AIX, Virtualization, High Availability)
- Storage & Network knowledge
- Good to have Linux/Solaris skills