Analyst 3rd Year or Associate I, Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries – Southeast Group, Atlanta, GA
The Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries (CCBSI) group at J.P. Morgan focuses on U.S. and Canadian companies with revenues in excess of $500 million which require traditional commercial banking services as well as investment banking products. Our competitive advantage is that we cover the market in a truly unique way – through a partnership between our Corporate & Investment Bankers, who together build relationships with our clients and leverage both commercial and investment banking products to offer tailored financial solutions. To best address our clients’ needs, our business is organized primarily by geographic region with select nationwide industry-focused teams.
The Southeast Group is one of the geographic regions within CCBSI and has nine offices throughout the east coast. The CCBSI Southeast banking team in Atlanta covers a diverse range of companies headquartered in Alabama, Georgia and Tennessee. The team partners with various groups throughout the firm including Product Specialists from the Corporate & Investment Bank (Syndications, Debt and Equity Capital Markets, Corporate Finance Advisory, M&A, Interest Rate Derivatives, and Foreign Exchange), as well as Coverage Partners from Treasury Services, Investment Management & International Banking.
The position is primarily geared to providing support to deal teams and accountability for pitch book preparation, financial modeling and transaction execution, while ensuring coordination among the banking, product, and credit underwriting teams. As a member of the team, the position plays an integral part to help gain, manage and maintain the relationships located in the region.
The ideal Candidate will also have the ability to identify and assess credit transaction risks and will have knowledge of credit policies and processes including structuring and documentation of credit requests.
• Ability to work with Relationship Managers to help generate new revenue opportunities either from prospects or existing clients
• Ideal Candidate will have 2-4 years of Corporate Banking or Investment Banking experience with a strong corporate finance background
• Candidate that has attended a Commercial or Investment Banking Analyst Training Program preferred
• Collaborate with credit underwriting team on analysis, structuring and documentation of credit requests and must have strong credit, analytical, and modeling skills
• Knowledge of Investment Banking products and preferably execution experience. Position will provide support around capital structure analysis concentrating on syndicated leveraged finance transactions, interest rate and currency hedging, high grade and high yield bonds, and asset backed securities
• Excellent problem solving, oral and written communication skills
• The ability to be a highly motivated, productive team player. Partnership skills are essential as work will often overlap with industry partners, product partners and investment banking teams
• Proficient in Excel and Power Point
• Excellent reviews and referrals from your current manager and peers
• Series 79 and 63 licensed (or must obtain)
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.