JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
Threat Intelligence (TI) holds the global mandate for JPMorgan Chase's cyber intelligence collection, analysis, and dissemination of finished products to JPMorgan Chase's population of security operations teams, information technology teams, and overall executive decision makers. This team is also responsible for external engagement with peer groups and information security circles regarding cyber threats, to address events such as intrusions, malware, DDoS, unauthorized access, insider attacks and loss of proprietary information. This includes developing a deep understanding of global threat actors.
TI also plays an integral role in the intelligence driven defense of JPMC, and works closely with the other cyber security teams, lines of business, and government entities to mitigate threats to the firm.
As a Threat Intelligence - Tactical Analyst you will be responsible for:
• Collection and triage analysis of cyber threat information in relation to the JPMC threat landscape
• Identifying and incorporating timely, high-fidelity tactical sources into the collection plan
• Communicating tactical threat information to assist in defensive mitigations
• Producing written intelligence reports constructed from analysis and collected threat information for JPMC internal consumers
• Partnering with peer cyber operations teams, and supporting intelligence functions to analyze cyber security events
• Maintaining technical proficiency in the use of tools, techniques and countermeasures
This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
• 2+ years cyber intelligence experience
• 3+ years experience in a large, mission-critical environment
• 5+ total years technology experience
• Working knowledge of the intelligence lifecycle and current cyber threat landscape
• Ability to apply a thorough knowledge of attacker capabilities, intentions, motives, and historical operations/targets to inform JPMC Cybersecurity strategies quickly, clearly and effectively
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to understand complex problems while formally presenting them simplistically
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
• Experience determining source information accuracy
• Experience leveraging Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) in tactical intelligence tradecraft
• Experience with Lockheed Martin’s Cyber Kill ChainTM and Intelligence Driven Defense
• Experience in partnering with major government agencies and authorities around the world
• Experience in the Financial Industry
• Experience with Splunk Enterprise
• Experience with Threat Intelligence Platforms
• Malware analysis, virus exploitation and mitigation techniques experience
• Coding (scripting) experience e.g. Perl, VB Script, Python etc.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.