Model Risk Group (MRG) carries out the review of models used across the firm. The group assesses and helps mitigate the model risk of complex models used in the context of valuation, risk measurement, the calculation of capital, and more broadly for decision-making purposes.
MRG partners with Risk and Finance professionals and works closely with FO quants as well as traders. Team members have opportunities for exposure to a variety of business areas.
• Carry out portfolio reviews: analysis of the risk model risk framework for the trading books including pricing models & their calibration, risk aggregation, and reserve methodologies; assess model behaviour and suitability of pricing models/engines to particular products/structures;
• Develop and implement alternative model benchmarks and compare the outcome of various models; Design model performance metrics for trading books;
• Liaise with FO quants, Traders, Risk and Valuation Control Groups and provide guidance on model risk.
Qualifications/ Core requirements:
• Good analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills;
• Inquisitive nature, ability to ask right questions and escalate issues, excellent communication skills (written and verbal);• Experience with exposure to at least one or more of the following areas; Trading, Portfolio Management, Structuring, Market Risk and Quantitative Research;
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.