The Legal Entity Controllers within IBF&BM have primary responsibility for financial reporting and ensuring financial integrity within all Corporate & Investment Bank UK based legal entities, as well as ensuring a strong control environment exists as it relates to all businesses, products and operational areas that impact the UK financial accounts.
The team are responsible for ensuring that all legal entity implications are considered for all transactions that flow through the entities. Individual members of the team are required to have a firm understanding of the products and business that use the entities. The team collaborate extensively with the Product and Business Controllers who have primary responsibility for the business activities.
· Monthly review of financial balances with business analysis and commentary for senior management.
· Standalone US regulatory reporting to the Federal Reserve Bank.
· Supplemental financial information for Corporate Reporting.
· Developing an understanding of the business and flows.
· Posting of LE level adjustments during the month-end close and on an ad hoc basis
· Develop and foster good working relationships with other departments in the bank including Product Control, Financial Control, Corporate Financial Reporting, Tax and UK Regulatory Reporting.
· Acting as point of contact for businesses with queries on financial matters. Building relationships across the Lines of Business.
· Work closely with the Mumbai LEC Team.
· Prepare various management reports including monthly MIS reports, Capital Committee papers, quarterly Executive Management Reports
· InterEntity Resolution
· FX Tradeout
· Qualified accountant with at least 2-3 years PQE.
· Preferably some experience of working in a monthly reporting cycle on either balance sheet or P&L
· Ability to work under considerable time pressure, whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and quality.
· Excellent communication and organisational skills.
· Knowledge of heritage organisation systems and architecture would be beneficial.
· Sound knowledge of PC based software packages, especially high level of proficiency in MS Excel e.g. pivot tables
· Strong analytical ability, being able to discuss results with product controllers and senior management.
· Diverse product knowledge, with an ability to develop an understanding of new products.
· Ability to partner and influence across businesses and other support groups.
· Control focus and mindset at all times, whilst respectively challenging the status quo.
· Attention to detail whilst being cognizant of materiality levels.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.