CIB Ops - AIS Investor Relations Operations – NY or Boston
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
As an Investor Relations Specialist within the Alternative Investor Relations Operations team (“IR Ops”) for JPMorgan, you will have a portfolio of clients for which you are responsible for the delivery of all IR Ops services to the client and their investors.
· Serve as main contact for a portfolio of clients and their investors. Answer all phone calls and emails pertaining to those relationships and demonstrate ability to resolve queries quickly and accurately
· Partner within the IR Ops department and across the Hedge Fund Services (“HFS”) and Private Equity and Real Estate Services (“PERES”) team to ensure the end-to-end process is completed appropriately
· Responsible for the production and review of standard client and investor level reporting, such as monthly/quarterly statements, contract notes, order acknowledgements, and regulatory reports
· Tasked with completing ad-hoc reporting as necessary such as the preparation of board reports, system extracts, K-1 and AFS distribution, audit requests, etc
· Responsible for final signoff on investor transactions and resolution of outstanding documentation, including KYC/AML documents.
· Perform call-backs as necessary to clients and investors in order to update bank wire instructions and authorized signors lists
· Perform EOD process to ensure all deliverables were met timely and accurately and that exceptions are appropriately noted
· Attend and drive internal and external client meetings, usually via conference call, to ensure client needs and expectations are consistently met or exceeded; ensure resolution of follow up items
· Active involvement in projects within your team and the IR Ops department including, but not limited to, client on-boardings, system testing, etc
· Identify and action priority items within appropriate timeframes; Escalate issues as necessary; relentlessly resolve aged items.
· Follow JPMorgan's established processes and procedures during daily work. Look to modify/iterate processes and procedures constantly to improve accuracy, reduce redundancy and mitigate risk
· Build relationships with clients, investors, distributors, prime brokers and other third parties as well as with other business groups across JPMorgan
· Team player; Positive attitude
· Dedicated to superior client service
· Very strong communication skills both oral and written; Excellent interpersonal skills
· Professional and proactive approach to work
· Strong organizational skills with a heightened concern for quality & accuracy
· Proven ability to manage staff and project in addition to daily work
· Bachelors degree required (business discipline preferred)
· Minimum 1-3 years in Financial Services industry, preferably with prior Alternatives experience
· Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Access, Visio and Outlook Express (or similar email program)
· Demonstrate Adaptability: Handles day-to-day work challenges confidently; is willing and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change; shows resilience in the face of constraints, frustrations, or adversity; demonstrates flexibility
· Know the Business: Shows understanding of issues relevant to the broad organization and business; keeps that knowledge up-to-date; understands the impact of external events on the organizational plans and objectives
· Focus on Customer Needs: Anticipates and identifies customer needs; takes action to meet customer needs; develops effective working relationships with internal and external customers; continually searches for ways to increase customer satisfaction
· Manage Disagreements: Brings substantive conflicts and disagreements into the open and attempts to resolve them collaboratively; strives for win/win solutions
· Speak Effectively: Demonstrates attention to and conveys understanding of the comments and concerns of others; listens well in a group
· Use Technical/Functional Expertise: Possesses up‑to‑date technical knowledge; is regarded as an expert in the technical/functional area; uses quantitative data to draw conclusions; presents technical information in easily understood terms
· Analyze and Solve Problems: Gathers relevant information systematically; considers a broad range of issues or factors; grasps complexities and perceives relationships among problems or issues; includes others in problem‑solving efforts when appropriate
· Foster Teamwork: Builds effective teams committed to organizational goals; fosters collaboration among team members and among teams; uses teams to address relevant issues
· Extended hours may be required during conversions/deconversions of new business or systems, as well as during peak cycles (year-end, month-end, tax season, etc)
· Shift coverage may be necessary on a rotating schedule to cover operational hours
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.