J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
CLS Control Function
CLS is a major Foreign Exchange settlement platform and JPMorgan are one of the major banks involved. CLS Control Function manages this clearing system on behalf of the firm ensuring timed payments to CLS are made in order to settle JPMorgan's and 3rd Parties trades. In addition, the team are responsible for monitoring trade activity and validation of high value trades for JPMorgan IB FX branches. Staff are responsible for working with our 3rd Party clients and counterparties to ensure all their trades match and that daily funding is completed.
Since its launch volumes and value settling through CLS have grown significantly and is now a considered a regulated Financial Markets Utility. JPM currently settle circa 50% of its FX traffic via the CLS mechanism. CLS Bank year on year manage an aggressive change agenda introducing new currencies, products and system changes all of which JPM stay close to. CLS Control Function are at the forefront of managing this agenda partnering with, technology, business management, credit risk, network management etc.
- Management of the CLS Control Function European Client Services team, including performance management and development of team members to maintain a top performing team
- Oversight of team performance, key metrics, risk indicators and testing results
- Identification and implementation of operational changes that result in improved efficiency and or control
- Maintenance of strong internal relationships with key partners e.g. Product, Business Management, Network, Technology etc.
- Own, drive and implement against the CLS Industry change agenda ensuring stakeholders are kept appraised and engaged.
- Continued management of expenses and delivery against any targets set
- Participation in associated industry forums representing JPM and where appropriate contributing to design.
- Oversight of CLS aspects of Recovery & Resolution planning ensuring 100% accuracy
- Management of any BAU incidents giving consideration to potential business impact and ensuring relevant stakeholders are kept appraised.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills. Effective communication to MD/ED level including concise summary of situations, impacts and remediation
- Varied Operations experience; ability to demonstrate control & innovative mind-sets.
- Demonstrated track record of process improvement in previous roles.
- Strong influencing & negotiation skills and ability to build and influence partnerships across the firm.
- Strong people management skills
- Demonstrate leadership ability and strong teamwork skills
- Flexibility and ability to react and drive developing events
- Proactive/self-starter with the ability to deliver value-added support to business partners in a dependable, timely and accurate manner
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to accept changes in priority and challenges in a rapidly changing environment
- Effective time management and prioritization skills; ability to work in a fast paced environment and work effectively under pressure
- Ability to work with both local and virtual teams
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills, able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks across different time horizons within deadlines
- Strong analytical, problem solving & process re-engineering skills as well as great attention to detail
- Existing relationships and networks within JPMorgan community an advantage
- Ability to understand business drivers and requirements and influence stakeholders to deliver solutions to business issues/problems
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL INTERNAL MOVES WILL NORMALLY TAKE PLACE ON THE SAME GRADE AND SAME SALARY. SALARIES ARE REVIEWED ANUALLY IN FEBRUARY. EXCEPTIONS TO THE RULE REGARDING TRANSFER ON CURRENT SALARY MAY INCLUDE A MOVE BETWEEN GEOGRAPHIC LOCATIONS.
The hiring manager for this job opening would be willing to have a conversation about flexibility. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement. The hiring manager is not committing to offering this, just highlighting an openness to having the conversation.