*Location : Mumbai, INDIA
*LOB: FX Operations
*Depart./Section: FX Operations
* Shift Timings Late Emea / NA
Background to the Role and Business Description
JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. is a leading global financial services firm with $1.4 trillion in assets and 170,000 people working across 50 countries. JPMorgan serves the interests of clients with complex financial needs, from the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients to charities and private individuals.
IB Operations focuses on building and maintaining strong relationship with clients and partner closely with technology, finance and representatives from lines of businesses to provide real time, world class service in a highly controlled environment.
Broad businesses under the IB Ops - India umbrella are FX / FXO - Confirmations / Settlements / Investigations & Compensations. The FX Operations in India has around 100 employees across functions of FX & Options supporting Rates, FX, Options, Derivatives & Commodities desks dealing with Internal Middle Offices and External clients located in Asia, EMEA & North America.
• To lean and understand, all processing functions within the unit, ensuring all relevant deadlines and stipulated controls are met.
• To be able to identify opportunities for improving process flow and quality as seen by the customer.
• To ensure transactions are processed in accordance with document procedures ,
• To work with minimum supervision and act on own initiative to identify tasks to be undertaken.
• To participate in the rotation of functions within the group ensuring no degradation to work flows.
• To assist in the training/education of junior staff in job functions/procedures relating to the unit.
• To process any required back-up tasks relating to production, identifying ways to improve current working practices.
• To be instrumental in identifying system faults/enhancements and be involved in any system implementations from a user viewpoint.
• Posses end-to-end fx process knowledge.
• Knowledge of financial services industry preferable. Prior experience will be advantageous.
• Analytical mindset.
• Good working knowledge of MS office, decent typing skills required.
• Communication – Is organized, clear and confident in written and oral communications. Actively engages in discussions offering expertise, opinions and advice.
• Teamwork – Creates and/or contributes to an environment of collaboration and mutual responsibility (e.g. effectively influences others to gain cooperation and address issues; initiates and is responsive to requests from other products, regions, etc.)
• Graduate/Degree in Commerce, Science or BMS .
• Prior experience in the Financial services industry.
• Fluent English (Verbal and Written)