CIB OPERATIONS – FUND SERVICES OPERATIONS – MIDDLE OFFICE – ASSOCIATE
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments, financial institutions, pensions, sovereign wealth organisations, states and municipalities, providing strategic advice, raising capital, managing risk, and extending liquidity in markets around the world. Not only is our goal to help clients success, we are committed to contributing to orderly and well functioning markets and supporting global economics growth across our business.
Fund Services Operations
J.P. Morgan Fund Services Operations provides services including Fund Accounting, Fund Oversight, Fund Administration, Investment Operations and Transfer Agency to mutual and pension funds. The Edinburgh Operations team provides services across Fund Accounting and Investment Accounting Funds on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Fund types range from, but are not limited to Unit Trusts, OEICS, Multi Manager, SICAVs and Life & Pension Funds.
The Middle Office professional role will:
- Be a support point of contact for a single or multiple JPM client/s within the segment. Depending on the specific client this role may report into a Middle Office Client Lead.
- Building a stable relationship with the client to support key interactions and seamless escalation.
- Support JPM across all service and change discussions for Fund accounting, Fin Reporting, and Taxation.
- Be integral to the build out and continuous development of the new Middle Office model within Fund Services in EMEA
- Ensure that the service quality that is delivered to clients is of an excellent standard
- Build out a progressive approach to improving the quality of service delivered to the client.
- Support the Co-ordination and delivery of all key service reviews with the client.
- Support Snr Mgt with appropriate escalation of all issues, service updates, and progress updates for the client.
- Maintaining an excellent and interactive relationship with internal partners inclusive of Client Service, Sales, Technology, Solutions, Custody and Prod development.
- Supporting the global operations teams to deliver a quality product through efficient issue resolution, proactive client engagement, and effective deliverable planning (examples).
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Proven client facing skills
- Ability to work across products (FA, FR, TA, Tax, IO, Perf). Key attribute will be ability to be informed of detail across the product set.
- Drive results through leadership, people, communication and influence
- Comfortable with change, ambiguity, debate, conflict and informed risk taking
- Multi-tasker who can manage multiple streams of work concurrently
- Balance commercial mindset with Operational capacity and capability.
- Willingness to make decisions, while ensuring buy in from stakeholders. Ability to challenge and influence stakeholders to ensure decisions are well thought out and can be executed from an operations perspective
- Solid Experience in Operations or Client Service management
- Previous supervisory experience (121s, development of team members, appraisals, objective setting)
- Evidence of organizational and time management skills
- Ability to interact efficiently with Clients and effectively manage client expectations
- Ability to manage change agenda with conflicting priorities.
- Keen understanding of the control infrastructure within Fund Accounting
- Drives teams forward with support from Mgt team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with complimentary presentation skills.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL INTERNAL MOVES WILL NORMALLY TAKE PLACE ON THE SAME GRADE AND SAME SALARY. SALARIES ARE REVIEWED ANUALLY IN FEBRUARY. EXCEPTIONS TO THE RULE REGARDING TRANSFER ON CURRENT SALARY MAY INCLUDE A MOVE BETWEEN GEOGRAPHIC LOCATIONS.