Java Developer – Asset Management - Associate
Due to ongoing investment and expansion at our award winning Glasgow Technology Centre, we have a number of new opportunities available for talented Java Developers. Located in the heart of Glasgow City Centre, our centre is one of 2 strategic, pure technology hubs globally at JP Morgan.
Our opportunities offer the chance to work on interesting challenges and projects, with what are truly cutting edge technologies.
• Delivery of software on time and on budget, based on original scope & requirements
• Designing software and producing scalable and resilient technical designs
• Digesting and understanding Business Requirements and designing new modules/functionality to meet those needs
• Creating Automated Unit Tests using Flexible/Open Source Frameworks using a Test Driven Development approach
• Partner with supporting tech leads to develop realistic and achievable project estimates
• Analysis and build within Control, Stability, Resiliency, Capacity & Performance areas
• Testing: Unit, SIT & UAT planning and management
• Robust delivery of code into the production environment
• Take part in decisions affecting long range organizational goals & strategic planning.
• Proactively look to develop, implement and further development best practices across the group. The areas of focus should include, but not be limited to quality improvement, code reviews, code/architecture standards, code reuse, and reduction of support calls, technical documentation and technical design specifications.
• Relevant university degree, specialized training or equivalent work experience
• Proven track record of application development experience
• Confidence with Core Java and J2EE with Java
• Java Frameworks i.e. Spring; Hibernate
• Test Driven Development Skills
• Exposure/ competence with Agile Development approach
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Process analysis and design
• Experience in the following technologies would be useful, however not essential: XQuery, MarkLogic, FpML, MQ/JMS, Web Services, Flex, Maven, Unix shell scripting, BI skills (Business Objects preferably or Cognos), Sybase, ASE or MSSQL including stored procedures
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.