- Management and control of the daily workflow within the Asset Services Transformation team.
- Maximise team capacity through effective resource planning and ensure team structure is robust through effective training and succession planning.
- Own relevant issues related to the Asset Services Department and ensure timely escalation to both Operational and Risk leads.
- Promote culture of early and timely escalation, ensure root cause analysis undertaken for all operational incidents and follow through with all recommendations. Actively manage risk items and continually evidence compliance with key controls.
- Identify and deliver tangible operational improvements, increase automation in line with agreed objectives, deliver credible operational metrics and robust status reporting.
- People Management - provide direction and leadership to the team. Ensure all staff members receive documented 121's and provide a succession plan for the department. Provide effective communications to the dept, ensuring staff are aware of strategic and regulatory changes in the organisation.
- Manage relationships with key functional partners including product development and network management teams.
- Represent Global Asset Servicing with internal and external clients, promoting the strategy, products and capabilities of the department. Participate in Investment Initiative prioritisation meetings. Support operational partners in Asset Servicing with strategic initiatives across the department.
- Contribute to the strategic development of the asset servicing product. Identify key areas of opportunity, creating robust business cases and ensuring appropriate levels of analysis are undertaken
Functional Dept Description: WSS Corporate Actions
The WSS Corporate Actions Department consists of 100+ staff and is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of in excess of 80 different corporate event types in over 90 markets, globally. The department interfaces directly with the global client base, the sub custodian network, agents and other internal WSS departments.
The department is responsible for the capture, analysis and notification to clients of event information and deadlines, reconciliation and execution of client instructions to the market and reconciliation and posting of clients' cash and stock entitlements.
About JPMorgan Worldwide Securities Services
JPMorgan Worldwide Securities Services, a division of JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., is a global industry leader with $19.2 trillion in assets under custody. JPMorgan provides innovative custody, fund accounting and administration and securities services to the world's largest institutional investors, alternative asset managers and debt and equity issuers. JPMorgan Worldwide Securities Services leverages its scale and capabilities in more than 90 markets to help clients optimize efficiency, mitigate risk and enhance revenue through a broad range of investor services as well as securities clearance, collateral management and alternative investment services.
- Strong People Management skills, ability to Lead and Motivate Managers
- Change Management experience and Project Management skills
- Relevant Degree
- Strong ability to learn ongoing stream of new markets, products and processes
- Asset Servicing Risk & Control, Proxy Voting and Custody experience
- Ability to effectively prioritise workloads and work to critical deadlines
- Demonstrate Ownership and Accountability for Operational and Project Deliverables
- Confident communicator in all mediums to both internal and external clients
- Strategic thinker, able to review and implement process improvements.
- Strong Risk and Control Awareness
- Drive, Energy and Enthusiasm
- Make considered decisions based upon fact and business / industry knowledge
- Display high levels of integrity; operate on the basis of open and honest interaction.
- Results driven individual with a proven track record.
- IAQ qualification preferable.
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL INTERNAL MOVES WILL NORMALLY TAKE PLACE ON THE SAME GRADE AND SAME SALARY. SALARIES ARE REVIEWED ANUALLY IN FEBRUARY. EXCEPTIONS TO THE RULE REGARDING TRANSFER ON CURRENT SALARY MAY INCLUDE A MOVE BETWEEN GEOGRAPHIC LOCATIONS.
The hiring manager for this job opening would be willing to have a conversation about flexibility. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement. The hiring manager is not committing to offering this, just highlighting an openness to having the conversation.