The role is as a Python / C++ / Java Application Developer within VCG (Valuation Control Group) Tech, specifically working on the strategic MDH (Market Data Hub), IVoRI (Independent Valuation Reporting Infrastructure), and SPA (Securities, Pricing, and Analytics) applications. The Application Developer will be responsible for all aspects of systems development and testing, ensuring compatibility with enterprise and solutions architecture. Projects include workstreams created for the multi-year program called IRIS (Independent Revaluation Infrastructure) in support of the VCG business. The role will also require partnering with dependency teams regarding infrastructure and architecture related efforts to provide impact assessment to the application and work on implementation and deployment as per the acceptable guidelines.
The role is located in Mumbai, India which will help to provide more around the clock coverage and support given the multiple global locations of our business and technology teams. In addition to responsibilities as the VCG Tech application developer, the role will also liaise with NY and London based business and technology counterparts during the requirements as well as UAT/PROD/Post-Production phases of the project.
Key Requirements of the Role:
1. Strong development skills in Python / C++ / Java, Linux / UNIX, PL/SQL, Shell Scripting, Object Oriented programming concepts, proficiency in developing client/server applications.
2. Follow appropriate design standards, methods and tools and ensure they are applied effectively.
3. Ensures that appropriate standards (corporate, industry, national and international) are adhered to.
- As a strong communicator work as part of a global team.
- Develop a good understanding of End to End business processes and the associated technical blocks.
- Working with production support teams to ensure smooth transition of software developed.
- Willingness to take ownership of tasks and the ability to work on their own initiative while being a strong team player.
- Understand the technical environment and look to continually promote increased knowledge in the team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate accurately, concisely and with tact and diplomacy when appropriate.
- Be conscientious, reliable and inquisitive with a keen desire to learn, not just gain the knowledge necessary for the job but also the underlying reasons and drivers.
- The ability to work under pressure within agreed timelines and to support multiple tasks in parallel.
- The candidate will be expected to continually look at improving the processes and procedures in the development life cycle and challenge areas that they see inefficient.
- Development proficiency in Python, C++, Java
- Linux / UNIX, Shell Scripting
- Strong experience with relational databases such as Oracle and Sybase IQ, and good SQL skills
- Experience in PL/SQL and Object Oriented programming concepts
- RDBMS experience in Oracle or Sybase IQ
- Front-office/risk management business knowledge would be a definite plus
- 5-10 years in the industry preferably within Investment Banking
- Knowledge of financial instrument features and trade processing
- Full SDLC experience
- Use of all Microsoft software tools
- Degree graduate, specialized training, and / or equivalent work experience