Nostro Reconciliation is responsible for the reconciliation and investigation of the firm's nostro accounts held with overseas correspondent banks and JPMorgan branches, through a global operating model with teams based in Bournemouth and Bangalore. The department manages essential high risk day to day responsibilities in addition to participation in a number of firm wide and business specific initiatives. Organisations supported by the group include the Corporate and Investment Bank as well as other Corporate functions.
This position is within the Reconciliations team, who has responsibility for primary account controls, ensuring that all expected feeds are received for reconciliation, chasing up appropriately within set deadlines. To complete the matching of exceptions , identification of breaks and onward referral to internal lines of business responsible for the resolution of breaks.
This is a very interesting, diverse and challenging role, with varied responsibilities across a wide range of operational activities. The role also supports key departmental change improvement projects/initiatives.
• Investigation of unapplied nostro breaks through contact with agent banks according to set timeframes
• Completion of daily and weekly control reports.
• Driving continuous improvement and analysis of key statistics
• The management and resolution of aged breaks, quality control and process improvement both internal and external.
• Opening, closing and amending accounts under IO Reconciliations ownership according to set timeframes
• Representation of the IO Reconciliations group globally on cross line of business meetings, fostering and maintenance of excellent relationships with business partners
• Involvement in key IO Reconciliations initiatives/deliverables as a subject matter expert, working with line of business partners
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.