About JPMorgan Worldwide Securities Services
JPMorgan Worldwide Securities Services, a division of JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., is a global industry leader with $15.2 trillion in assets under custody. JPMorgan provides innovative custody, fund accounting and administration and securities services to the world's largest institutional investors, alternative asset managers and debt and equity issuers. JPMorgan Worldwide Securities Services leverages its scale and capabilities in more than 90 markets to help clients optimize efficiency, mitigate risk and enhance revenue through a broad range of investor services as well as securities clearance, collateral management and alternative investment services.
Functional Dept Description: WSS Asset Servicing
The WSS Asset Servicing Department in India consists of 100+ staff and is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of in excess of 80 different corporate event types in over 90 markets, globally. The department is responsible for the completions of corporate actions, paying income entitlements & Tax reclaims.
Incumbent should implement the procedures and strategies to meet goals for a functional sub-group or a department. Typically has specialized functional or technical knowledge and is the subject matter expert that allows for independent thought and action on important department activities.
Participates in problem solving within unit. Interfaces when necessary with customers and other units. Participates in executing processes in support of department strategy; develops approaches and/or processes to accomplish goals. In an individual contributor role, functions as a key contributor with demonstrated knowledge of area of specialization as well as broader functional knowledge.
Typical Job Duties :
- The primary responsibility is to provide first level of supervisory support, in the day to day management of the business deliverables and the team.
- Accountability for service quality of the team and ensure operational procedures are followed, that tasks are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide first level of supervision to the staff during business hours.
- Support the Process Manager in their mission to provide top quality operations in support of this global business.
- Ensure that procedures are documented and that the documentation is updated periodically.
- Identify requirements for additional controls
- Verification of Team Members work on a daily basis and training of new hires.
- Daily investigation and escalation of any issues
- Provide daily/weekly statistics
- Assist in appraisals
- Generally 2-3 years experience in operations or related function.
- Familiarity with products and services.
- Strong communication, organization and leadership skills.
- Able to provide coaching and guidance on all aspects necessary processes.
- Ability to analyze processes and identify improvements.
- Knowlege of metrics and scorecard analysis.
- Possesses and applies specific experiences and knowledge to the completion of assignments.
- Good relationship-building and time management skills
- Well-developed problem solving
- Good PC skills
- Ability to work under pressure