The GWM Digital Client Experience Technology team is responsible for building, supporting and enhancing the Private Bank’s global digital client delivery channels including web and mobile applications. The team constantly monitors the competitive landscape to identify new opportunities and ensuring that the digital offerings deliver a state of the art experience for clients, while accurately reflecting the firm’s leadership position in the private banking space.
The team seeks a Senior Web/User Interface (UI) developer who will be responsible for managing medium to large scale technology projects focused on delivering the best experience for our clients. You will be a part of a dynamic technology team that builds and deploys solutions for the JP Morgan Private Bank across the globe, interact with product owners, application developers, and business users at all levels of the organization.
The Senior Web/UI developer is responsible for all aspects of business logic and delivery to the presentation layer development-including all project related middle tier technologies. The role requires someone with mastery of web services coding concepts and paradigms as well as the ability/desire to quickly learn new technologies and implement them into production ready deliverables. Passion for bleeding edge technology is a must, as is the willingness to explore and propose interesting solutions to client business problems.
· Responsible for executing clean and progressively enhanced code for complex designs that reflect the architectural direction provided within the established technical framework.
· Able to approach development with modularity in mind to accommodate shifting priorities and the challenges associated with rapid prototyping and Agile methodologies.
· Willing to take the initiative to research and learn emerging technologies that may improve the quality, success, and performance of deliverables.
· Participate in project scoping and planning, write detailed level technical and functional specifications documentation, and help mentor junior engineers.
· Works well as a team member within technology and other disciplines (creative, delivery management, etc.) on large projects.
· Expert in developing and testing across multiple devices/platforms and browsers (traditional desktop and mobile devices), using MVC/AJAX/CSS preprocessing concepts and tools such as Fiddler, Firebug, YSlow, etc.
· Experience using testing strategies such as TDD, including knowledge of JSUnit and/or Selenium.
· Expert in presentation layer concepts such as progressive enhancement, responsive design, MVC, object-oriented development.
· Experience managing assignments effectively, multi-tasking, and working within tight deadlines.
· Strong client-service orientation and experience working in a fast paced setting.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.