About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
To support a comprehensive risk management and compliance program for the various Worldwide Services (WSS) Operation Teams to ensure internal controls are appropriately designed and operating effectively to mitigate risks. This will include periodic peer reviews, internal audits, application of various test methodologies and management reporting to validate controls are consistently adhered to across all products and regions supported, as necessary.
1.Define the risk management framework for the WSS Ops Teams and ensure that the highest level of quality work is maintained.
2.Partner with Operations in managing day to day, as well as future growth of business, with the emphasis on risk management.
3.Ensure that business has effective controls in place to comply with operating procedures, corporate policies and regulatory requirements across the global sites.
- Perform process reviews for new business or processes
- Facilitate/chair risk and control meetings and forums to ensure that agreed practice is adopted across all teams in order to improve efficiency and quality without compromising controls
- Manage compliance for adherence to product specific rules and regulations.
- Monitor and report Key Performance Indicators and Key Risk Indicators to Senior Management
- Manage SOX/SAS 70 testing and all control related audits
- Manage and conduct risk reviews for new products, process changes and system implementations to ensure that any changes do not negatively impact the control environment.
- Analyse errors and control breakdowns, determine root causes & trends & oversee the implementation of remedial action
- Conduct internal audits/process and control review to ensure audit-readiness and prepare the business in achieving satisfactory audit results which should not be limited only to a certain line of business
- Develop and execute a monthly risk review program (conduct internal control reviews of key business functions, identify gaps in processes, assist with remediation) to provide management assurance that controls are operating effectively. This program will include an evaluation of compliance to corporate policies, internal procedures and regulatory requirements. Reports on findings and action plans identified to be conveyed the Site Ops Risk and Control Manager and Business Unit Heads.
- Develop and manage a Risk and Audit Mitigation Program (RAMP) for the continuous and proactive monitoring of all key business controls in the environment.
- Manage and spearhead regular risk meeting forums (e.g. monthly) with key business partners in Risk, Compliance, Operations and Technology to oversee all risk activity (CSA, action plans, risk acceptances, business continuity, loss events, etc.) in the business.
- Drive the Control Self-Assessment (CSA) process, ensure action plans are in place, track/monitor and report closure of all open issues
- Evaluate operational change and projects
- Conduct a risk review of all process migrations
- Control/Facilitate policy and standard setting
- Rollout of education initiatives to heighten risk awareness
- Recommend process improvements without compromising controls
- Oversight of the performance of delegated or outsourced functions
- Act as Audit Liaison for external and internal audit
- Keep abreast of business trends and changes in the industry and proactively devise a plan to support new requirements
- Ensure that crisis and significant event issues are appropriately addressed and reported.
- Act as the team's business information security and compliance officer
- Support all risk and control and business resiliency initiatives
·5-7 years experience in financial services, product and/or operations management
·5 or more years experience in operations risk management, audit and/or compliance
·Knowledge and experience in business resiliency/business continuity planning
·Extensive knowledge of treasury products and services
·Excellent oral and written communication skills
·Excellent analytical skills with the ability to think strategically and tactically
·Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate, influence, build and maintain relationships at all levels of the organization (senior management, colleagues, stakeholders, audit)
·Self Motivated, energetic, enthusiastic, assertive and proactive with the ability to work autonomously and in a team,results oriented, strong focus on delivering quality and strong analytical skills
· Proven ability to gather/analyze complex data, develop accurate conclusions and provide recommendations with sufficient comprehension of the business to understand risk implications
· Excellent PC Skills - Microsoft Office Suite (Project, Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.