JP Morgan is a global leader in equities. It transacts significant volumes in global equity markets via DMA, low touch and high touch. This trading needs to conform to the regulatory rules governing the equities markets in all regions. Hence equities regulatory & compliance technology team plays a critical role in deploying technology to regulate this trading and be in compliance with local regulations. We are market leaders in a variety of businesses and are a recognized source of significant innovation.
We are the Global Cash Equities Technology Group. Specifically, we are the Compliance Technology team, headquartered in Manhattan with development teams located in Manhattan, India, London and Hong Kong. Our working environment is high-energy, team-oriented, driven to excel, respectful, collegial and fun despite (or because of!) the pressure of being on "Wall Street."
Our goal is to craft a platform and infrastructure for the business that can stand the test of time. Much of the work that has to happen is from scratch and we need great software quality and engineering discipline.
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
The global team is looking for a highly experienced, dynamic and ambitious Application J2EE/Database Oracle PL/SQL Developer for its warehouse project. The role will be based in Bangalore and will interact with team members globally.
Business Area Description
The Global Equities Technology stack at J P Morgan is going through a strategic transformation (front to back). This is a multi-year program where the India Tech teams are involved heavily. The technology stack used is predominantly Core Java, C# .NET, C++ and Sybase. We are hiring in the areas of Front Office, Middle Office, Risk Management and Client Intelligence Technologies.
The India Equities Technology organization is 300+ within JPMorgan’s Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB) organization and covers the following functions
- Execution Services Technology comprising of:
o Electronic Trading (Execution core components, Exchange Connectivity, Client on-boarding, DMA, Smart Order Routing - SoR, Algorithmic Trading, Data Analytics etc )
o Flow Sales and Trading (Front Office Sales and Trading Order Management systems and Reporting)
- Risk Management and Structured products
- Middle office Trade Booking and Regulatory
- Shared Services (Architecture group, Shared components and QA)
- Client Intelligence/Sales Technology: Enable CIB to strengthen client relationships, increase focus on ROI, and cultivate cross-product synergies in order to drive more revenue for the firm.
The underlying technology for building out the solution and the components will be primarily Core Java.
Role and Responsibility Description:
We are looking for this position for Client Intelligence/Sales Technology LOB.
We are looking for strong technologists to join the Client Intelligence IT team in Bangalore. Candidates will be expected to be best of breed software engineers; possess strong inter-personal skills as well as proven track record of delivering projects with highest code quality and timeliness.
This position is located in Bangalore, India.
The day to day activities of the role will encompass the full project lifecycle, including:
· The development of the strategic trade management platform for middle office and re-engineering/enhancing the current stacks as well
· Designing software and producing scalable and resilient technical designs
· Adhere to test driven development - writing clean code with appropriate unit tests and automated end to end tests as wellAnalyze and understand the business requirements clearly to come up with clean solutions promptly
· Total IT experience of 8-12 years
· At least 6+ years of experience in developing software using Core Java/J2EE technologies.
· Expert level Oracle SQL, PLSQL hands-on development experience.
· Expert level hands-on experience in Query & DB performance tuning using different techniques.
· Strong UNIX Shell or Perl scripting hands on experience.
· Prior experience in developing Oracle based common utilities / frameworks.
· Solid skills in database performance tuning, monitoring tools and tuning procedures.
· Solid exposure to application development processes such as Agile, SDLC etc..
· Good grasp of algorithms and data structures.
· Candidates must be strong in fundamentals of programming – just using the readily available frameworks for development would not suffice.
· Must have good understanding of the fundamentals of multi-threading and experience in working with multi-threaded servers.
Desirable (but not essential):
· Investment banking experience is not mandatory, but good to have – candidates from other domains are also welcome.
· Experience with Data Appliances such as Exadata, Sybase IQ is a plus.
· Familiar with BIGDATA / Hadoop - HIVE is a plus.
· Experience with Agile Scrum process, test driven development and continuous integration (Jenkins).
· Demonstrate Continual Improvement in terms of Individual Performance
· Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
· Bright and enthusiastic, self starter
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· Very good presentation and influential skills
· BE/B.Tech from reputed institution
J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.