Global Fixed Income and Liquidity Lead – Vice President, Mumbai, India
J.P. Morgan Asset Management (Investment Management) is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
• Clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns
• Nearly 1,300 investment professionals providing strategies spanning the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity
• Leadership positions in the U.S., U.K., Continental Europe, Asia, and Japan
Global Fixed Income and Liquidity comprises of Portfolio Management and Client Portfolio Management team which invests into a wide range of Investment products such as mortgages, investment grade corporates, high-yield, emerging market, private mortgages etc.
We are currently looking to recruit an individual as a Vice President into our Product support team for the Fixed Income and the Liquidity business. The role will involve providing broad ranging assistance to our multiple stakeholders across functions like Client Portfolio Management, Business Management, Risk Reporting and Portfolio Management support.
The role will be very diverse, balancing day to day queries of the team, alongside work to innovate, plan, strategize and execute multiple initiatives across the two platforms.
We are looking for a dynamic individual, with a keen interest in financial markets and the enthusiasm to drive their own work agenda. The successful candidate will be a self-starter looking to bring and implement new ideas in the team in order to set our team for a long term success. The person must be task oriented with a focus on deadlines as well as having the flexibility to work to changing priorities and demands at short notice. The role requires co-ordinating with people across all levels in a broad range of areas both locally and globally.
- Provide oversight to all the functions supported by the India team for the Fixed Income and Liquidity business
- Product / strategy presentations for various stakeholders
- Conduct reviews of various functions on a regular basis to ensure necessary controls are in place and progress is being made with regards to the depth of the functions
- Develop relationships with all stakeholders globally and locally
- Manage deliverables while servicing all ad hoc queries and requests
- Ability to handle and manage change
- Business development - assist with overall Business development across various functions in the broader Investment management support teams
- Lead in gathering, analyzing, and maintaining of information across all functions and initiatives
- Project Management like driving efficiency of CPM processes, training and product knowledge, leveraging talent across functions for driving any project for the business, etc.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Post Graduate with at-least 8-10 years of experience in Financial services industry
- Candidates should have experience in Asset Management functions. Direct experience in Investment management support functions is a plus
- Knowledge of Investment products. Working knowledge of multiple asset classes, including equities, fixed income and commodities and their respective markets
- Knowledge of market data providers/sources and indices
- Working knowledge of institutional separate accounts, commingled funds, and mutual funds
- Strong work ethics
- Ability to lead large teams. Organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks are crucial elements in order to succeed in this role
- Positive attitude and creative thinking - ability to drive the team forward
- Organisation, prioritisation and have the ability to simultaneously manage competing priorities
- Detailed and meticulous, high level of accuracy with no tolerance for error
- Client focused
- Strong verbal and Written communication skills
- Strong team player and must have the capability to build good working relationships with cross functional/geographical teams
- Control orientated and Risk awareness is essential
- Ability to deliver results in a timely and accurate manner, frequently under tight deadlines
- Ability to recognize when to challenge the status quo and drive efforts to improve processes
- High level of proficiency with office suite, particularly PowerPoint and Excel (VBA an advantage)
- Prior experience on applications such as Fact set, Bloomberg, Morning Star, is preferred
- Strong Microsoft office skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)