Glasgow Technology Hub
JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $1.1 trillion and operations in more than 50 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and businesses, financial transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity. Under the JPMorgan, Chase and Bank One brands, the firm serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.
If you're interested in working in an environment where leadership, excellence, integrity and diversity are among our core principles, then explore the opportunities at JPMorgan Chase.
The Global Fund Services (GFS) Fund Accounting & Tax AD team is responsible for the development and support of the Mercury suite of applications which calculate and report on fund NAV price release and Tax liabilities. The Mercury suite of applications cover multiple tax jurisdictions including German/Austrian/UK/Swiss/Italian Tax in addition to Capital Gains Tax for South America/Brazil/Australia/EMEA.
Major initiatives for 2016 include the re-architecting of the Capital Gains Tax application along with delivery of a strategic solution for the calculation of Australian Tax.
The AD team is responsible for technology delivery to the business who are located in Luxembourg, Dublin, Boston, Brazil, India and Australia. The Development team is located across Bournemouth, Glasgow, Mumbai, and Pune.
The role is to work within the Glasgow team to progress our aggressive agenda of development in the Tax area. Projects will range from implementing regulatory requirements, client defined changes, expanding the platform into new markets or technology improvements.
We are looking for a high performing Associate Informatica/Oracle developer who is motivated to work in a demanding area to help deliver ambitious plans, and has a willingness to contribute, in the wider sense, towards broader GFS objectives and
• Build technology solutions to satisfy complex business needs
• Partner with Business Analysts, Project and Product Managers to meet business requirements
• Understand/apply reusable code design to leverage application architecture and framework capabilities
• Design and develop solutions that are highly reliable, scalable, and perform to meet business-defined service levels
• Ensure timely delivery across System Development Lifecycle
• Identify and implement improvements to Development processes to improve quality, reduce costs, and shorten delivery timelines
• Partner with the Development Management in the analysis and estimation of future work impacting our team
• Interface with Business users as necessary for defining requirements and streamlining design
• Provide coaching and mentoring to less experienced team members
• Ensure that all solutions are aligned to architectural standards and security policies
• Experience of software development experience including, but not limited to, mature design, coding, testing and debugging skills
• PL/SQL. Must be able to write stored procedures, triggers, functions, and tables in Oracle.
• Experience in Informatica using Informatica Powercenter 8.6 or higher
• Proven experience in defining complex mappings, performance turning, indexing, partitioning and optimization in Informatica
• Strong database experience working with various RDBMS platforms including knowledge of Oracle 10g/11
• Relational database management and reporting
• Strong experience of data warehouse solutions using implementations of star and snowflake schemas
• Understanding of the different types of dimensional modeling
• Knowledge of Unix and shell scripting skills preferred
• Team player attitude a must
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.