We are seeking an experienced developer with a Computer Science background, experience in object oriented design, Java coding, and SDLC principles, and strong team working skills. This role offers an exciting opportunity to be a key part of a team that is developing several new strategic applications for the Limits Management area within Credit Risk Technology.
The successful candidate must have the ability and desire to work in a fast paced and challenging environment. They will be responsible for the design and implementation of core Java applications as well as multi-tiered applications. The candidate will create technical designs, will code and test these designs, and will be involved in all phases of the software development lifecycle. They should be fluent in technologies including Core Java, Spring, ORM tools, and associated Java development tools.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
- Minimum 5 years of commercial Java programming experience
- Able to demonstrate in-depth understanding of OO principles and design patterns (usage and pitfalls)
- Strong Java programming skills using J2SE
- Strong understanding and experience with multi-threaded applications
- Exposure and strong understanding of the difference between synchronous and asynchronous processing
- Strong understanding of messaging (MQ)
- Some database query design and development skills, including ANSI SQL knowledge
- Ability to multitask and quickly respond to critical issues and changes in requirements
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and a dynamic environment
- Aptitude to learn business knowledge and new technologies
- A “can do” attitude
- Credit Risk experience within an Investment Bank
- Experience performing code reviews
- Exposure to distributed Java applications in a service based architecture
- Unix scripting
- Exposure to functional programming
- Experience with distributed caching technologies (GemFire, Coherence)
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.